Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 SX4 great condition but no motor

This was the motor we got from LKQ

That's too bad about LKQ and the engine they provided. Sounds like it is a hit or miss (mostly miss) with their listings on ebay. The sad part is that these engines should be available and not that expensive, but as proven from all the work you put into this, the chances are not good to find SX4 engines for swapping in serviceable conditions. In fact these engines in good condition are few and far between. The other point is that these cars are orphans and not worth much in resale, so throwing serious repair money at one of these is a false economy.

Best to you on whatever you decide from this point forward. Sorry for all the problems you have endured with this.

It's a shame I'm so far away, I have a J20A with 110000km sitting in my parts car out in the driveway I'd be willing to part with for the right price.
    2009 SX4 Hatch AWD Manual, RRO lift, 215/70r16 General Grabber AT2, 20mm rear spacers, 10mm front spacers, (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by braaaton View Post
    It's a shame I'm so far away, I have a J20A with 110000km sitting in my parts car out in the driveway I'd be willing to part with for the right price.
    Did you sell your other SX4 with the lift?

Quote Originally Posted by bradweiser View Post
    Did you sell your other SX4 with the lift?
    Not yet. We've had a couple engine possibilities open up but I'm just not sure if it's financially smart.

Oops, sorry meant that question for Braaaton as he was also trying to sell his.

Quote Originally Posted by bradweiser View Post
    Oops, sorry meant that question for Braaaton as he was also trying to sell his.
    Decided to keep the old girl, the thought of having car payments on the Jeep was too gross. Also, Really like your SX4, looks kinda familiar.
    2009 SX4 Hatch AWD Manual, RRO lift, 215/70r16 General Grabber AT2, 20mm rear spacers, 10mm front spacers, (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanook View Post
    Not yet. We've had a couple engine possibilities open up but I'm just not sure if it's financially smart.
    Any updates on engine possibilities and whether you will proceed with repairs. Take care....

So my son and I just finished our engine swap on our 2007 and new motor is running great!... The old motor was running when we pulled but had the knocking issue discussed many times here. I don't know if it can be rebuilt or not it is a 2008 motor based on VIN on engine. Let us know if you want it (FREE). You set up shipping...

Please also let us know what parts on the engine you "need". We would like to keep some external parts like a/c compressor etc. Willing to leave coil packs and some other stuff on it, let us know your wish list of what you need on the engine. It does NOT have exhaust manifold but does have all intake components.

For those that may be in need of an SX4 engine swap in good condition, there is a wrecked SX4 on the Baltimore C/L with a good engine / tranny and many other good parts for $400.