Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Introducing Motorsports SX4 4WD controller - 10% discount for CLUBSX4 members

Unlike true 4x4 rigs, Sx4 can never attain full lock, even in AWD lock. There will always be some slip, hence overheating at times.
    Another thing, I believe AWD coupler is separate from differential itself inside SX4 rear end housing. So there shouldn't be any oil splashing onto the coupler just air, hence the air temp sensor.
    Whoever had opened rear diff, should confirm or deny my statement, as I've never taken diff apart.
    If, however, coupler is splash cooled by oil it could be done via external pump, cooler and some plumbing to further cool the diff.

Cheers...
    How hard can it be?

Any more long term info on this product? Seriously considering getting one

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstiksx4 View Post
    I just received one. Haven't gotten around to installation and setup yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstiksx4 View Post
    used it for the whole summer without issues. I bought a sedan since and barely use the hatch anymore. I took the unit out of the car because the car is for sale. I'm keeping the unit for a future AWD swap on my FWD sedan.

The hatch car i'm trying to sell is back with the stock AWD ECU and it works like it should. It's not half bad, if only it could disconnect the coupling when e-brake is applied lol! Would make drifting a whole lot easier!
    former Suzuki Gold Master Tech