Thread: Best of Chinese Head Units?

Best of Chinese Head Units?

What is currently the best of the Chinese GPS+DVD+... Head Units?

Some of the many AliEexpress sellers now offer an Android 5.1.1 init, at ~$100 more than Android 4.4 units.
    eg: https://www.amazon.com/Android-Navig...X4+Android+GPS
    Is the 5.1.1 versionn of Android stable?

Have the problems of the past (discussed in several threads on this forum) been solved? New problems now?

Knobs still flimsy
    Buttons still not back-lit?

Some sellers offer ATCS tuners. Are these integral to the head unit, or some kind of add-on? Is it really possible to get good TV reception on the road?

Are the DVR recorders in these Head Units useful?

I have an RK-A701. Chose it for a few reasons. 4.4 is just fine on these units.

Buttons are back-lit. They light up blue.

It's hit and miss with TV reception driving, just bring some movies on usb or sd.

DVR can be useful if you're ever in an accident.

i was looking at this one but it saya 06-11 and i have a 2012 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SINO...f-d6acee28dfda

or this one
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Andr...f-d6acee28dfda

ive been using the windows CE version of this radio from car-electronics since 10/2013 pretty much without any issues. My buttons light up red and match the rest of the car quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by dero908 View Post
    ive been using the windows CE version of this radio from car-electronics since 10/2013 pretty much without any issues. My buttons light up red and match the rest of the car quite well.
    Does your steering wheel volume work? What is your model exactly? Do you have any pictures?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by josh_sx4 View Post
    Does your steering wheel volume work? What is your model exactly? Do you have any pictures?

Thanks

Steering wheel controls work great, unfortunately i do not know the the exact model, i do know its the older version of windows ce but im not 100% on the version number. The site only list the item in my account as "2 Din Suzuki SX4 DVD Player - Suzuki SX4 GPS Navi 8" LCD Touch S"

Any improved model of Chinese Head Units available and recommended?

IMG_0500.jpg

I am running this Atoto unit and it seems to be pretty decent. I had to do the updates when I got my torque app running which comes installed on the unit. Less than $200