Thread: WTB: 2012 SX4 Radio/CD CLCR25

WTB: 2012 SX4 Radio/CD CLCR25

Looking to buy a replacement Radio/CD unit for my 2012 SX4.
    Unit should be SLCR25 (with AUX jack).
    Unit should be in perfect working order, with scratch-free front.
    Unit should be code-free.

STILL LOOKING for CLCR25!

Bought one online recently from a "respected" dealer in used radios.
    Installed it today, but it turns out this unit has the same "faded" segments problem as my original radio!

Still looking for CLCR25 radio.

Still looking for fully functional CLR25 radio.

It's not a CLCR25, but I have an aftermarket android head unit made specifically for SX4s that includes an auxilary input (or can also play local mp3s, spotify, etc.), I'd sell it to you cheap

Pics here (sorry I don't have pics of it turned on, had to junk the car it was in)

I was all set to buy a new Head Unit, but since I don't expect to keep the SX4 for than a year or too longer, perhaps your unit might be more suitable.
    Can you get me some details about the unit?:

*Manufacturer? Got a Manual?
    *Exact bolt-on/plug-in fit to 2012 SX4? Needs a new bezel?
    *Screen in good shape? Scratches?
    *GPS Map up to date, or will require update?
    *Steering Wheel functions work with this head unit?
    *Backup camera function?
    *Apps on screen?

TQ.
    You can reply privately if you wish.

• Manufacturer? Got a Manual?
      • I bought it direct from a chinese manufacturer, Witson. It's model number W2-A9657X. Unfortunately they no longer have the product page on their website, but you can get some info about it here - however it appears to be for a newer version, this one is running android 4.4, not 5.1.1, and has a slightly older processor. I don't think it came with a manual (I'll double check tonight), but they have some video support stuff on youtube.
    • Exact bolt-on/plug-in fit to 2012 SX4? Needs a new bezel?
      • Exact bolt on for a 2012, no new bezel required. Uses a harness adapter to go from the stereo to the suzuki OEM harness, which I am including (visible in that last picture of my previous post).
    • Screen in good shape? Scratches?
      • I don't think there's any scratches on the screen. Will double check tonight.
    • GPS Map up to date, or will require update?
      • When I got the system it had a stock navigation app installed that included a map on an SD card (probably out of date at this point). I think that sd card is still in the front of the system (will double check tonight). However I've flashed a user made version of android onto the head unit from the folks over at xdaforums, and so I don't think the stock nav app is installed anymore. The beauty of this unit is it will run most apps from the google play store, so you can run Google maps (sort of - it performs pretty slowly on this unit), Waze (does fine), or if offline navigation is important to you, you could get an app like OsmAnd (freeware) which allows downloading of offline maps and offline route calculation.
    • Steering Wheel functions work with this head unit?
      • Yes and no. When I was using it they were spotty/inconsistent. Sometimes they'd work fine, sometimes I'd hit volume up and it would turn the volume down, or mute it. There is a page in the settings where you can remap the steering wheel keys, and I'd find that usually helped for at least the rest of that ride, sometimes longer.
    • Backup camera function?
      • Yes - has an RCA input in the back for backup camera. Will automatically switch over if you wire up your reverse wire to the corresponding one in the harness (I think it's the brown one). Once in a bluemoon, I'd find it wouldn't automatically switch the picture back from the reverse cam to the main screen after I'd put it back in drive, and I'd have to shift back in/out again (or hit the "back" button on my steering wheel, when the controls were cooperating)
    • Apps on screen?
      • It's just like an android phone, they are completely customizable (outside of a widget on the left side of the home screen that seems unremovable). Comes with stock apps like a cd player, local mp3 player, radio, bluetooth pairing, and I think an internet radio app, but you can install many apps from the google play store - I had spotify, youtube, pandora, google play music, and waze all working at some point. Sometimes an app in the store will say it's incompatible with the system or it will run very slowly, but if you do some legwork to find an older version on the internet and install that instead, it often worked.
    • Other things you should know about it
      • Radio reception is pretty bad with this unit. It's apparently a pretty easy fix, I just never tried it.
      • Sometimes the volume knob on the unit wouldn't respond (i.e. it wouldn't adjust volume any more) until I reset the unit with the small pinhole style button up by the cd slot. When this happens you can also adjust volume on the touchscreen from a swipe down menu at the top of the screen.
      • To make the best use of this head unit for its android capabilities, you'd want to be able to create a mobile hotspot from your phone that the headunit could then connect to for internet purposes.
      • As you can probably tell from all the info above, it does not always function perfectly and so if you think the quirks would drive you nuts, it's probably not the head unit for you. Personally I still consider it an upgrade over the stock radio and I'd still be using it if I didn't have to junk my car - I'd sell it to you for very cheap (maybe $75 plus shipping?), so if it's not your thing, if you won't have gambled that much.