Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A couple people missing and a new forum rule.

A couple people missing and a new forum rule.

So, if you notice, you'll see that a couple great forum members, Brandon and KimH show that they are banned.
    They didn't give me a reason, but they asked to be removed from the forum.
    People come and go all of the time, and I don't ask them why, it is their prerogative.

One thing that Brandon did before he left was edit all of his posts to jibberish before he left.
    The problem that happens when someone does something like this is that now there are huge holes in the forum, as Brandon was a pretty prominent poster.

The idea of someone doing something like this had crossed my mind, but it hadn't happened in the several years that I have been a member, so I figured the chance was unlikely. It is unfortunate that it happened with a member who contributed so much to the forum.

So, about this new rule.
    From now on, posts can only be edited up to 1 day after they have been posted.
    After 1 day has passed, the option to edit a post will be taken away from a post.

Users can still delete their posts any time after they have been posted. (Note that these posts, while invisible to other users, are still able to be seen by Administrators and Moderators)

Also, Administrators and Moderators can still edit any posts at any time.

I'm sorry to put this restriction on posts, but I need to protect the forum and it's content. If there are serious reasons why a person needs their content deleted (such as legal debates, etc.) please email me and we can work something out. On the other hand, if you just want to leave the forum, remember that owner of the forum also owns the data on the forum, and you shouldn't expect that everything you have submitted to the forum will be erased at your request.

Thank you,
    -Brumbie13
    Forum Administrator

That is too bad that Brandon and Kim have left. They will be missed.

I completely understand the need to implement this new rule and I am glad it is there. Looking through some of the old threads on SX4club.com it is annoying when members delete all of their posts that were useful to a discussion. It is nice to know this won't happen again on this forum. Thanks Brumbie!

I'm sorry to hear that they have left, really nice folks. I wish them all the best for their future.

I agree, it is very annoying to see blank deleted posts. Does this mean I can't keed updating the projector thread's first post? I was hoping to keep the pertinent info up top instead of strewn about multiple pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyliec View Post
    I agree, it is very annoying to see blank deleted posts. Does this mean I can't keed updating the projector thread's first post? I was hoping to keep the pertinent info up top instead of strewn about multiple pages.
    Yes, unfortunately, that's what that means.
    If you'd like, you can PM me with the info every time you are looking to update and I, or one of the other administrators or moderators can make the update.

That sounds good Brumbie, thanks for giving me the opportunity to keep it organized. Much appreciated!

That sucks Brandon, and Kim left they were good people!
    "Remember, the toes you step on today may very well be attached to the *** you kiss tomorrow."~TJ

there sometimes, like brumbie mentioned, legal issues that could come up in a persons life, and things need to be forgotten electronically. brandon was a nice dude, and the name is sexy....(as is my own )

I never had the chance to talk to either one of them but am sure there were nice people. Hopefully the rest of us will stay put. Suzuki is a great manufacturer even if they are seriously lacking advertising and dealer network here in the U.S.

are you not able to just like undo the jibberish postings? can you put them back to normal?

Quote Originally Posted by My1stCar View Post
    are you not able to just like undo the jibberish postings? can you put them back to normal?
    Good point. =)