Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: More mods for the beast :)

Here is what I plan on doing next (short term)

- New flowmaster 80 dual tip muffler. My 40's series single tip is already rusted and has a few leaks.

- Ez lip for the front bumper, Ez sideskirts, rear bumper splitters and Fiat sedici OEM wing with lip.

- soundproof for all 4 doors + hatchback door.

- update the GPS maps and replace my dashcam with the newer a119 model.

Long term :
    - 6 speed manual swap.
    - Custom fmic turbo setup w/stable 8psi boost.
    - 3 inch turbo back exhaust.
    - *get the block built (closed deck, maybe sleeved cylinders, race spec crank bearing, arp studs)
    - forged internals (pistons, rods, camshaft)
    - add and extra engine mount and potentially make the other 4 a little stiffer.

The car is pretty much all payed off and it still feels like new. I have a strong attachment to it and feel like staying with Suzuki. It attracts a lot of attention and has a lot of potential of becoming a unique weekend warrior.

A few updated pics :

AWD 2013. CVT. Custom SRI w/Apollo, RRM Crank Pulley, RRM piggyback ecu, Custom 2.25 Flowmaster exhaust, RRM Front/Rear Swaybars, Megan Racing Coilovers, Techna-fit brake lines, AC delete, Projector HID retrofit.

Went for a drive with a newcomer to clubsx4. Had a little mishap along the way. A front calipers bolt snapped off...

Good thing I had some extra ones.

I deleted the ac fan. It was not working and was in the way of oil filter changes.

I also did a cvt flush. The whining noise was getting loud. The old fluid had a dark red tint and was almost opaque.

The new fluid (valvoline full synthetic) is almost clear.

The car runs smoother and the whining noise is gone.

AWD 2013. CVT. Custom SRI w/Apollo, RRM Crank Pulley, RRM piggyback ecu, Custom 2.25 Flowmaster exhaust, RRM Front/Rear Swaybars, Megan Racing Coilovers, Techna-fit brake lines, AC delete, Projector HID retrofit.

Fabricating new headlights. This time I'm going all in.

I've also got my hands on a rrm type 2 muffler. Will be welding this along with a 4 inch black tip in the back.

Below is the part list :

Here is the canvas :

I look forward to seeing the finished exhaust and headlights. Did you source another set of headlights to modify?

Quote Originally Posted by Schultzey View Post
    I look forward to seeing the finished exhaust and headlights. Did you source another set of headlights to modify?
    Thanks! Yes these were the oem headlights I had when I bought the car back in 2012. I had taken them off and bought an extra set to modify.

I will sell the first pair of moded lights as soon as the second pair is done.

I'm also slowly putting together a small efficient turbo system for the j20b and cvt combo.

Mostly Subaru wrx/sti parts td04 or vf39 turbo and tmic setup. Custom manifold and downpipe. Acura rdx injectors, wrx fuel pump, Subaru oem pitch mount as an extra mount etc. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Samus; October 12th, 2019 at 03:50 PM.

There's a j24b for sale in your province...
    SX4 2007 AWD Manual
    Kizashi 2011 AWD CVT

Quote Originally Posted by OliverB View Post
    There's a j24b for sale in your province...
    Link please?

Disregard that, the engine is still in there and it's hella far from your location. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camion...teLocale=en_CA

That being said, someone's trying to sell his Kizashi because his CVT isn't working anymore. I've reached out to him, but haven't made any offer. I'd love to get my hands on that broken CVT, among other various items, but have no interest for the engine itself. I could have it towed for free if that is something you could be interested in. Just throwing that out there...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camion...ationFlag=true
    SX4 2007 AWD Manual
    Kizashi 2011 AWD CVT

New to the forum, exciting to see your mods, got a 220000km 10 cvt hatchback from Trois-Rivières and drove back to Winnipeg, having many issues about it but still love it so much!

Quote Originally Posted by OliverB View Post
    Disregard that, the engine is still in there and it's hella far from your location. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camion...teLocale=en_CA

That being said, someone's trying to sell his Kizashi because his CVT isn't working anymore. I've reached out to him, but haven't made any offer. I'd love to get my hands on that broken CVT, among other various items, but have no interest for the engine itself. I could have it towed for free if that is something you could be interested in. Just throwing that out there...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camion...ationFlag=true
    Thanks for the links. That 2013 kizashi in Montreal is very tempting... where would you get it towed?
    I have a garage and everything we need to strip it down if ever.

I just need everything that is required for the engine swap.

Are you on clubsx4quebec?