Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: More mods for the beast :)

P0139 is gone for some reason... Either 02 sensor 2 needs to be replaced soon, exhaust leak I'm still trying to locate (maybe is me being paranoid) or Camshaft position sensor maybe? I also cleaned my belt with some belt cleaner and it seems to have help a bit reduce that "sssssssssshhhhh" noise upfront. I can now listen for my exhaust leak hahaha
    Last edited by Samus; June 19th, 2017 at 04:19 PM.
    AWD 2013. CVT. Custom SRI w/Apollo, RRM Crank Pulley, RRM piggyback ecu, Custom 2.25 Flowmaster exhaust, RRM Front/Rear Swaybars, UR Rear Strut bar, Megan Racing Coilovers, Techna-fit brake lines, A118 Dashcam, More coming...

Needed more spark :

AWD 2013. CVT. Custom SRI w/Apollo, RRM Crank Pulley, RRM piggyback ecu, Custom 2.25 Flowmaster exhaust, RRM Front/Rear Swaybars, UR Rear Strut bar, Megan Racing Coilovers, Techna-fit brake lines, A118 Dashcam, More coming...

Have you guys tested the OBX UD pulley? http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Underdri...L/201128099982 I'm curious to know how this performs with the RRM crank pulley... Does it even fit the 2010+? I've messaged the seller for more info...
    Last edited by Samus; July 1st, 2017 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samus View Post
    Have you guys tested the OBX UD pulley? http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Underdri...L/201128099982 I'm curious to know how this performs with the RRM crank pulley... Does it even fit the 2010+? I've messaged the seller for more info...
    No go for the j20b

Agreed, seller on eBay said "no go" & RRM is completely out of almost everything for "new" j20b EXCEPT piggybacks.

I want in Blue or Purple if I had choice!

Any one finds any different IM me directly,please

Did maintenance on all 4 brakes (clean, grease, anti-seize). Next step : sandblast + powdercoat on calipers and bleed the brakes lines.

So you're pulling the calipers off to powder coat or are you just repainting them?

Quote Originally Posted by Cman View Post
    So you're pulling the calipers off to powder coat or are you just repainting them?
    Pulling them off for a sandblast and powder coat. I used to paint them with the duplicolor caliper paint kit and every year I had to repaint them. Powdercoat is a more permanent solution.

Yes it is...................I did that on my Shelby calipers a few years ago:

I did them in a colour called "Illusion Copper" with a heavy metallic content. When they're clean and the sun hits them they look lit up.

Couple of things in case you didn't know already:

MAKE SURE you clean out the insides of your calipers after they are powder coated before rebuilding them. Just a few weeks ago my LF 6 piston Brembo caliper started leaking through 1 of the piston seals. I pulled the wheel off to take a look and fluid was dripping out and wrecked one of my brake pads. I got a rebuilt kit and had my friend (shop foreman at the Honda dealer I used to work at) rebuild the caliper. When he took it apart a couple of the piston seals had nicks in them and the cavities of the calipers had sand inside them. The F'ing shop that did the powder coating work didn't clean them out properly and I am super upset about this. My RF caliper and rear calipers probably have crap in them also and most likely they might leak too in the future. I'm getting another kit for the RF Brembo and will pull that one off and the rear calipers as a winter project for my friend to rebuild them.

Pick up 4 bolts and nuts that will fit through your banjo fittings and use your old copper washers to tighten them together after taking the lines off the caliper so you lose as little brake fluid as possible. You don't want the system to drain out cause it will be a huge PITA to refill and bleed later. Don't ask me how I know this when the Shelby calipers were done.

Having gone through the experience (bad one in my case), I'm not a big fan of PC'ing. I'm ok with it if you are doing it on like brackets, wheels and stuff (items that don't carry fluids). Had I known about the issues that could arise out of powder coating calipers I probably wouldn't have done it or I would've just did the paint thing instead (what I did with the Suzuki and the GF's CX-3)

That color looks nice! I'm gonna do the job myself they gotta be really clean. The problem with sandblast is that you will get grains everywhere. So the calliper piston housings will be blocked off to make sure nothing gets in there. They will remain blocked during powdercoating obviously. What I did notice when I cleaned and greased them is that some of the duplicolor paint was in my rear calliper piston housing. Somehow the paint slipped through the seal. All clean now.... just gotta find time to do the PC.