Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reccomended Spark Plugs

Unhappy Reccomended Spark Plugs

Just thought I would share a recent bad experience that I have had. About ten days ago I replaced the spark plugs (NGK OE fitment IFR6J11) with Denso replacement ones (VK 20) These were supplied by my local motor parts dealer as being recomended for Sx4 1.6 2013. They have a thread length of 19mm and not 23.5mm as the original ones by NGK had and was assured that this would make no difference at all to the running of the car. How wrong they were!! The 10 days that they were in the low rev performance was rough and a lot of exhaust popping on overrun, flat spot at about 1800rpm and generally poor performance. I was beginning to think that there was something majorly wrong until I dug the old ones out of my tool box in frustration and put them back in and hey presto back to being as smooth as the day I bought the car.The NGK ones from Suzuki were priced at 83 per set versus 47 for the Denso.Lesson learned here and quite an expensive one at that.
    SX4 2wd, De Badged, Meshed lights, 18x8+18x9 Bola CSR's, BC Racing Coilovers, 35 series tyres and slammed, Straight through de-cat with twin 3 inch centre exit exhaust. K&N panel filter with front feed CAI, wrapped black bonnet, custom front splitter.

Thanks for sharing that, good thing to file away in the memory banks.
    2008 sx4 awd auto hatch touring

NGK plugs seem to work best in most foreign applications. They're the OE standard in just about everything with the exception of a few American brand products. Thanks for sharing your story.
    Last edited by Ace; November 7th, 2015 at 03:22 AM.

Thank you so much for saving me the headache!

Remember: Haste makes waste. Accept no substitutes. Also, beware of parts counter dimwits that try to sell you parts that are not exact OEM specifications. Now you know that, eh? Best of luck.

Or so I thought, similar issue but they gave me autolite junk.
    When I go to NGK's actual website they do not even list my part as an option.
    While I am looking at the exact part removed from my motor.
    '13 Sx4 Crossover L4 2.0 AWD
    HERE==> http://www.ngk.com/Spark-Plugs-NGK-c593.aspx

Need a Suzuki Genuine Parts and Vender dealer any recommendations ?

Some slacker probably forgot to update the database. If you select an earlier model (2010) with your engine it finds plugs.

I have had some frustrations with finding the right spark plugs for my 2012 Crossover with the J20B for the USA market (putting out 150 hp). The originals are NGK SIL FR5A11. I called the dealer. After being on hold for a bit, she said the replacement had a different number, and asked if I wanted to special order six of them. That raised some concerns! I called the NGK technical services group. They said that Suzuki was recommending a different heat range SIL FR6A111. I went to the dealer today, and they had the SIL FR 5A11 plugs in stock! They are "Genuine Suzuki Parts" with the part number: 09482-00615. They gave me a discount because I had been jerked-around by the other price quote for six, but the "list price" is $23.59 each! OUCH!

image.jpg
    The Black Pearl
    I sold my 2007 SX4 and replaced it with a 2012 SX4!

The stock spark plug for the 2012 SX4 Crossover has a thin wire iridium alloy that must be shooting laser beams into the cylinder for the extra horsepower.
    The Black Pearl
    I sold my 2007 SX4 and replaced it with a 2012 SX4!

Quote Originally Posted by Dowser View Post
    I have had some frustrations with finding the right spark plugs for my 2012 Crossover with the J20B for the USA market (putting out 150 hp). The originals are NGK SIL FR5A11. I called the dealer. After being on hold for a bit, she said the replacement had a different number, and asked if I wanted to special order six of them. That raised some concerns! I called the NGK technical services group. They said that Suzuki was recommending a different heat range SIL FR6A111. I went to the dealer today, and they had the SIL FR 5A11 plugs in stock! They are "Genuine Suzuki Parts" with the part number: 09482-00615. They gave me a discount because I had been jerked-around by the other price quote for six, but the "list price" is $23.59 each! OUCH!
    You have so many other sources for plugs in the US. Advance, Amazon, ebay, ngk.com etc with prices in the $12-$15 region. The original plugs are long life plugs so I hope you at least gave them a good run before changing them.