Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ORPCA Autocross #5 at PIR 7-19-15

Quote Originally Posted by Wagoneer View Post
    How'd you end up tweaking your alignment? I haven't ever had to touch mine from when I got it aligned after I installed the lift spacers. I've been really impressed with how true it's stayed. I have jeep friends who need to get their trucks aligned after almost every weekend we go wheeling. I thought for sure after some off-angle drop-offs and other hard hits that I'd have to get mine aligned but every time she tracks straight on the way home and my tire wear is perfect.

You seem to be dialling in your suspension pretty nicely! You can really see the throttle lift-off rotation in the corners. Bet that thing is a blast throwing it around an autocross course
    The suspension was tweaked during the first autocross event with the slicks on (AX #4) just from taking hard corners at speed. The grip from the tires were enough to pull things out of adjustment. Hopefully this will not be a constant issue as I'll need to invest in equipment to perform my own alignments.

a tape measure and couple of floor stands ...
    How hard can it be?

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsx4 View Post
    a tape measure and couple of floor stands ...
    That is oversimplified. At a minimum, in addition to what you listed what about string, level, straight edge, caliper, jacks, ramps, etc...? Even though there is a cheap route, I would prefer to have tools to help speed up the process such as those offered from http://www.smartracingproducts.com/.

I've used string method to align front/rear tires and chain on my bike...
    I've used tape measure twice when replacing tie rod ends, then put it on Hunter, it was dead on...
    How hard can it be?