Thread: Airbag scanner

Airbag scanner

My 2007 airbag light is on. I have tried two models of innova's, one for sure had an airbag feature but suzuki wasnt in the airbag menu of vehicles it could scan. I also tried a genesis which the owner said has always scanned other vehicles but wouldnt show any airbag codes on mine. I have no problem getting the engine codes with all three of them.

Anyone know a scanner that will work for sure? Any popular airbag issues?

Thanks.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but my 2012 Sport has the SRS light on. I got under the seat and noticed the connector was loose and came completely apart when I lightly tugged on it. I reconnected the connector and need to clear the light. Has anyone used the Zurich ZR 13 fromHarbor Freight? I am tempted to buy it, but want to make sure the light will be cleared if I do.

https://www.harborfreight.com/zr13-o...ist-63806.html
    2012 Brilliant Blue Metallic Suzuki SX4 Sportback

I do not see why an "old" thread should be ignored when it contains useful info or questions . It makes no logic to begin same things all over again, specially when relevant replies or solutions have already been found.
    Was there any cause, verified or alleged, for this connector to come apart....like a broken lock tab ..or some object that was moved under the seat and came in contact with the connector ?
    By the way...good find , I mean, this scanner. THey do not say clearly if it traces transmission codes also....I wish someone knows first hand about it and can report....

EDIT: I have downloaded the user manual...they mention transmission codes but they do not include suzuki for the SRS nor ABS.....
    Last edited by LMP; April 16th, 2018 at 06:37 AM.
    2011 sx4 JX AWD CVT 32000km Also drives 2015 KIA Sorento AWD 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by Turboconv View Post
    My 2007 airbag light is on. I have tried two models of innova's, one for sure had an airbag feature but suzuki wasnt in the airbag menu of vehicles it could scan. I also tried a genesis which the owner said has always scanned other vehicles but wouldnt show any airbag codes on mine. I have no problem getting the engine codes with all three of them.

Anyone know a scanner that will work for sure? Any popular airbag issues?

Thanks.
    I also have a 2007 SX4 AWD and recently encountered the airbag MIL on the instrument cluster. The previous SX4 message board had several threads on this issue and recommended at least one scanner to reset/clear the SX4 airbag MIL indicator. Anyone found a reasonably priced scanner that resets/clears SRS-airbag MILs for the SX4?