Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airbag scanner

Airbag scanner

My 2007 airbag light is on. I have tried two models of innova's, one for sure had an airbag feature but suzuki wasnt in the airbag menu of vehicles it could scan. I also tried a genesis which the owner said has always scanned other vehicles but wouldnt show any airbag codes on mine. I have no problem getting the engine codes with all three of them.

Anyone know a scanner that will work for sure? Any popular airbag issues?

Thanks.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but my 2012 Sport has the SRS light on. I got under the seat and noticed the connector was loose and came completely apart when I lightly tugged on it. I reconnected the connector and need to clear the light. Has anyone used the Zurich ZR 13 fromHarbor Freight? I am tempted to buy it, but want to make sure the light will be cleared if I do.

https://www.harborfreight.com/zr13-o...ist-63806.html
    2012 Brilliant Blue Metallic Suzuki SX4 Sportback

I do not see why an "old" thread should be ignored when it contains useful info or questions . It makes no logic to begin same things all over again, specially when relevant replies or solutions have already been found.
    Was there any cause, verified or alleged, for this connector to come apart....like a broken lock tab ..or some object that was moved under the seat and came in contact with the connector ?
    By the way...good find , I mean, this scanner. THey do not say clearly if it traces transmission codes also....I wish someone knows first hand about it and can report....

EDIT: I have downloaded the user manual...they mention transmission codes but they do not include suzuki for the SRS nor ABS.....
    Last edited by LMP; April 16th, 2018 at 06:37 AM.
    2011 sx4 JX AWD CVT 32000km Also drives 2015 KIA Sorento AWD 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by Turboconv View Post
    My 2007 airbag light is on. I have tried two models of innova's, one for sure had an airbag feature but suzuki wasnt in the airbag menu of vehicles it could scan. I also tried a genesis which the owner said has always scanned other vehicles but wouldnt show any airbag codes on mine. I have no problem getting the engine codes with all three of them.

Anyone know a scanner that will work for sure? Any popular airbag issues?

Thanks.
    I also have a 2007 SX4 AWD and recently encountered the airbag MIL on the instrument cluster. The previous SX4 message board had several threads on this issue and recommended at least one scanner to reset/clear the SX4 airbag MIL indicator. Anyone found a reasonably priced scanner that resets/clears SRS-airbag MILs for the SX4?

The only reason I can think of for the connector being lose is that I had a dealer that still does warrant work look at the seat because the height adjustment lever comes down and does not stay up very long with my weight (155lbs). They claimed they replaced the seat track and that it would fix the issue, but it did not. It must have been making contact until recently It was way loose when I found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vs29h0b View Post
    Anyone found a reasonably priced scanner that resets/clears SRS-airbag MILs for the SX4?

On the software side: SZ Viewer (for Suzuki) (free)

On the hardware side: the coder of SZ Viewer has detailed reccomendations on what should work (basically, he says „at the moment I recommend to stay away from Chinese counterfeit ELM327 adapters. version 2.1. Try to find older versions 1.5 if you want to use the Chinese ELM327”). He also gives a comprehensive list of adapters he has tested and the results of the tests.

I have personally used his app with a generic, inexpensive chinese ELM327 v1.5 clone and it works great, being able to access details on airbags, HVAC, 4x4 system etc.

L.E. Oops, I didn't read your request carefully enough. The SW/HW combo I mentioned is able to READ status/codes and clear common codes, but I don't know if it can clear AIRBAG codes! My mistake, sorry. Worth a try, though...
    Last edited by hugbear; April 27th, 2018 at 11:46 PM.
    Suzuki Club ROMANIA | [strike]2008 SX4 4x4 "Cosmic Black" 1.6 GS (Euro Version)[/strike] | 2009 SX4 4x4 "Galactic Grey" 1.6 GS (Euro Version) w. LPG

Thanks so much!

SZ viewer CAN clear SRS codes and read them.
    I downloaded in the hopes it would since my SRS light was stuck on after my battery drained and the low voltage test failed on the key-on test.
    2009 SX4 Crossover Touring 5MT

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    SZ viewer CAN clear SRS codes and read them.
    I downloaded in the hopes it would since my SRS light was stuck on after my battery drained and the low voltage test failed on the key-on test.
    So, following the download, did you successfully clear the SRS code on your 2009 SX4?

What version did you download?

What device did you use for the download?

Following the download, what exactly did you do in terms of following steps or a procedure to clear the SRS codes?

What cable connector did you use and where did you obtain the connector for how much?

Any screen shots or video you can upload and share on this?

Thank You in advance for your answers to the questions asked above.

SZ Viewer did end up clearing my code, but it came right back. I can actually see it turn off and then seconds later, it comes back. I purchased the reader below from Amazon. Has anyone had this happen before? I don't want to spend a lot, so I may have to drive it like that for a while.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    sx4_srs.jpg