Thread: Rear Wheel Arch Moulding

Rear Wheel Arch Moulding

Hi,
    I have just bought an SX4 DDI 2.0 and with one of the rear wheel arch mouldings not flush with the bodywork. I would like to remove and refit it correctly but cannot find any guides on removal. Can someone please advise. Thanks

Hi there,

The moldings are held with small push pins. You can reuse the push pins but in your case it might be a broken one. I had my front driver side redone do to an accident and when I got the car back it was not flush in the front. I had to buy a few new push pins and reinstall my front arch molding. You can remove the molding and check the state of the pins, replace what is needed. If I remember, mine were beige. I'll try to find the link where I got the pins from and post it here.

Cheers
    Last edited by Samus; March 18th, 2015 at 03:11 PM.
    AWD 2013. CVT. Custom SRI w/Apollo, RRM Crank Pulley, RRM piggyback ecu, Custom 2.25 Flowmaster exhaust, RRM Front/Rear Swaybars, UR Rear Strut bar, Megan Racing Coilovers, Techna-fit brake lines, A118 Dashcam, More coming...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Samus View Post
    Hi there,

The moldings are held with small push pins. You can reuse the push pins but in your case it might be a broken one. I had my front driver side redone do to an accident and when I got the car back it was not flush in the front. I had to buy a few new push pins and reinstall my front arch molding. You can remove the molding and check the state of the pins, replace what is needed. If I remember, mine were beige. I'll try to find the link where I got the pins from and post it here.

Cheers
    Hi,
    Thanks for the info. I managed to remove the moulding and replace it correctly without breaking the pins.
    Cheers.

I find the moulding on the side of the filler cap never stays flush.

My first 1.9 DDiS came out slightly, as did the one on my current 2.0 DDiS. Had that replaced once under warranty though the replacement went very quickly. Appears that the think plastic strip comes apart from the moulding, probably the diesel affecting the adhesive?