Thread: uk model sx4 tech spec

Smile uk model sx4 tech spec

hi,i have a uk 2007, 1.6, 5 door hatchback and want to change the door speakers,so what diameter is in the front door and what size is in the back door and any suggestions as to what make and model of speaker would be best to get ,not to expensive either ? thanks in anticipation

With a stock head unit? Not worth upgrading. Decent speakers need decent amplifier which we don't have in our cars. Probably the worst car stereo I ever had in any car.

However, it's the same size in every SX4 model. Check ICE forum. Good luck.
    ʇı ɟo ǝʇnuıɯ ʎɹǝʌǝ ʎoظuǝ ı 'ʎʇıuɐsuı ɯoɹɟ ɹǝɟɟns ʇuop ı

I have bought a chinse dvd multimedia system and the speakers keep going off and the sound only comes out of the little tweekers just below the door mirrors,it was happening with the stock radio so that's why I went for the 7" dvd unit

sorry, a bit of a delayed response...

...though I changed my speakers for some [very old now] JL Audio Evolution VR525CSi components, moved over from a previous car. The would not fit directly, so hacked out the centre of the factory speakers to use the original mounts.

I probably could have fitted larger speakers, though the depth was a limiting factor iirc. I used 6.5" To 5.25" Speaker Rings Plates Fitting Adaptors from eBay to get them to fit the in the original speaker housing. Works OK, no vibrations.

I was going to replace the centre dash speaker though have not got round to that yet. Means buying a pair and using one...

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    I was going to replace the centre dash speaker though have not got round to that yet. Means buying a pair and using one...
    try www.partsexspress.com The sometimes have pretty good offerings for only one speaker. They sell a couple REALLY good midrange speakers by the "each". I wouldn't go with anything other than a midrange for a center channel so it doesn't blur your stereo imaging any...
    Yes, that is, in fact, a Squirrel driving a Ferrari...