Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Schultzey's Turbo SX4

Quote Originally Posted by Schultzey View Post
    Yeah the drivetrain is going to require some work. I need to do research to find components to hold up to the power potential of the engine. What specifically was breaking on your transmissions?
    I broke a 2nd gear just by having the turbo spool up from low rpms while doing a lane change. I don't even think I was WOT at this time. I was (only) running around 10psi...

Coming from the swift where we break 3rd gears "on-demand", I really hoped the transmission would be stronger than that. Now with your transfer case, I realize that I also under-estimated the coupling's potential when using the SX4PRO controller lol.

But in fact, I seen quite a few people break transfer cases with stock powertrains, so.... Maybe they have some sort of random flaw in their gear casting? I mean, I launched my car a multitude of times, really hard. Was my transfer case about to let go too? Was I lucky to have a "good" gear set? We'll never know...
    former Suzuki Gold Master Tech

Quote Originally Posted by automat View Post
    I broke a 2nd gear just by having the turbo spool up from low rpms while doing a lane change. I don't even think I was WOT at this time. I was (only) running around 10psi...

Coming from the swift where we break 3rd gears "on-demand", I really hoped the transmission would be stronger than that. Now with your transfer case, I realize that I also under-estimated the coupling's potential when using the SX4PRO controller lol.

But in fact, I seen quite a few people break transfer cases with stock powertrains, so.... Maybe they have some sort of random flaw in their gear casting? I mean, I launched my car a multitude of times, really hard. Was my transfer case about to let go too? Was I lucky to have a "good" gear set? We'll never know...
    Wow, that's not a lot of boost. I hope to remain lucky and have the transmission stay together. I had quite a few AWD Lock launches without issue.

The SX4PRO controller definitely did its job. I need to dial it back during autocross to prevent future drivetrain failures.

Four urethane exhaust hanger bushings were used to replace the stretchy stock ones. The exhaust stays firmly in place now.

Are these Kartboy 12mm short hangers? Do they position the exhaust in about the same location as stock? or hang higher/lower?
    2011 Xterra PRO-4X
    2007 SX4 hatch awd
    1992 Sentra SE-R

Quote Originally Posted by Ricer_X_01 View Post
    Are these Kartboy 12mm short hangers? Do they position the exhaust in about the same location as stock? or hang higher/lower?
    I think I picked these up from Nameless Performance. They are close to the same position as stock and may hang a little higher because of the bushing stiffness.

Thanks for the reply and awesome job on the car... both cars actually. Shame what happened to the white one.
    2011 Xterra PRO-4X
    2007 SX4 hatch awd
    1992 Sentra SE-R

Thank you. It was too bad but I like the direction of the current build. There are a lot of improvements over the white one.

Hey Schultzey,

I have a question for the projector retrofit.

I've mounted my projectors DDM tuning mini h1 v3 (same as morimoto mini h1s) and the next step is to buy an H1 HID kit to align the cutoff.

Do pretty much all H1 HID kit fit?

I found one from DDM tuning at around 130$ w/ 55 watt balasts. H1 bulbs but they have 9006 plugs.

The wiring part worries me a bit.... I did find a DDM tuning 9007 high / low harness but I am clueless on how to hook everything up.

Thanks
    AWD 2013. CVT. Custom SRI w/Apollo, RRM Crank Pulley, RRM piggyback ecu, Custom 2.25 Flowmaster exhaust, RRM Front/Rear Swaybars, UR Rear Strut bar, Megan Racing Coilovers, Techna-fit brake lines, Projector HID retrofit.

Hey Samus - I don't know too much about lighting systems and compatibility. I ordered a 9007 / 9004 wiring harness, Mini H1 projectors, ballasts, and bulbs. Due to the connector ends and wire colors it was a relatively straight forward install.

Hey Samus - I don't know too much about lighting systems and compatibility. I ordered a 9007 / 9004 wiring harness, Mini H1 projectors, ballasts, and bulbs. Due to the connector ends and wire colors it was a relatively straight forward install.
    Awesome thanks. I just looked up a few videos on youtube and indeed it looks pretty straight forward.

Didnyou keep your drl or did you remove.them?
    AWD 2013. CVT. Custom SRI w/Apollo, RRM Crank Pulley, RRM piggyback ecu, Custom 2.25 Flowmaster exhaust, RRM Front/Rear Swaybars, UR Rear Strut bar, Megan Racing Coilovers, Techna-fit brake lines, Projector HID retrofit.

Quote Originally Posted by Samus View Post
    Awesome thanks. I just looked up a few videos on youtube and indeed it looks pretty straight forward.

Didnyou keep your drl or did you remove.them?
    I disabled the DRLs. The lower voltage from the DRLs can cause issues with the projector setup.
    Last edited by Schultzey; September 12th, 2018 at 07:24 PM.