Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Schultzey's Turbo SX4

Quote Originally Posted by Schultzey View Post
    Yeah the drivetrain is going to require some work. I need to do research to find components to hold up to the power potential of the engine. What specifically was breaking on your transmissions?
    I broke a 2nd gear just by having the turbo spool up from low rpms while doing a lane change. I don't even think I was WOT at this time. I was (only) running around 10psi...

Coming from the swift where we break 3rd gears "on-demand", I really hoped the transmission would be stronger than that. Now with your transfer case, I realize that I also under-estimated the coupling's potential when using the SX4PRO controller lol.

But in fact, I seen quite a few people break transfer cases with stock powertrains, so.... Maybe they have some sort of random flaw in their gear casting? I mean, I launched my car a multitude of times, really hard. Was my transfer case about to let go too? Was I lucky to have a "good" gear set? We'll never know...
    former Suzuki Gold Master Tech

Quote Originally Posted by automat View Post
    I broke a 2nd gear just by having the turbo spool up from low rpms while doing a lane change. I don't even think I was WOT at this time. I was (only) running around 10psi...

Coming from the swift where we break 3rd gears "on-demand", I really hoped the transmission would be stronger than that. Now with your transfer case, I realize that I also under-estimated the coupling's potential when using the SX4PRO controller lol.

But in fact, I seen quite a few people break transfer cases with stock powertrains, so.... Maybe they have some sort of random flaw in their gear casting? I mean, I launched my car a multitude of times, really hard. Was my transfer case about to let go too? Was I lucky to have a "good" gear set? We'll never know...
    Wow, that's not a lot of boost. I hope to remain lucky and have the transmission stay together. I had quite a few AWD Lock launches without issue.

The SX4PRO controller definitely did its job. I need to dial it back during autocross to prevent future drivetrain failures.