Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Schultzey's Turbo SX4

Here is a pre-turbo pic of the rear debadged and silver accents removed. The silver bumper protector was replaced with a black one.

Four urethane exhaust hanger bushings were used to replace the stretchy stock ones. The exhaust stays firmly in place now.

The Perma-Cool 19112 finally arrived after being on back order. I wired it in to keep my ECT under control when the vehicle is stopped or traveling at low speed. It was a tight squeeze but it fits.

I moved the AEM F/IC 6 to a permanent mounting location using the mounting bracket and hardware purchased from midnightsx4. This allows for a clean install of the piggyback.

The USB B-Male connector is plugged into the F/IC and the other end is a USB A-Male connector to plug into a computer. The USB A-Male end is routed behind the HVAC controls and pokes out above the cup holders for now for quick access. I plan to install a quick access USB port in one of the button blanks behind the parking brake.

Did you wire Perma Cool in serieswith RAD fan?
    How hard can it be?

Yes I connected the two 12v low fan wires to the two Perma-Cool fan wires. The stock fan wire connector was cut off. Connections: Perma-Cool black to stock fan black and Perma-Cool red to stock fan blue w/ red stripe. The unused 12v high wires were taped off.

Those urethane exhaust hangers would be a good idea. I had no idea how much the stock exhaust swung around until I stuck my contour underneath the car and went for a ride.
    '11 SX4 AWD 6-spd, '07 Grand Vitara V6, '01 GS500
    Father's: '12 Kizashi Sport & '12 Grand Vitara
    Proud owners of the entire North American Suzuki line-up

I bet. The rubber bushings don't hold the exhaust in place well but it's not noticeable with factory piping. Since the 3" exhaust is routed close to the undercarriage I noticed it moving around at times with the stock hangers and stock suspension. The problem would be further magnified when the suspension is tightened up. With the urethane bushings there is almost no movement.
    Last edited by Schultzey; September 22nd, 2014 at 08:10 PM.

Did you eliminate both cats?

P.S I'm getting me some UR bushes. ))
    How hard can it be?

Yeah both of the factory cats are gone. I only have a small Magnaflow 54959 cat installed. I don't know if I'll pass emissions but I have a little under two years to worry about that.

I know 2016 no smog check in WA. I dont have Smog check where I live.

Cheers...
    How hard can it be?

I got the car tuned today... well partially at least. The clutch would slip as soon as peak boost was reached. It was tuned for 12 psi. Even with the clutch slipping it put down 225 hp on a Dyno Dynamics Dyanometer. I didn't get a print out of the sheet but will get a video and the print out at the next tuning session after I get an upgraded clutch in. The clutch should be here in a few weeks. The tuner noted that there was quite a bit more power to get out of it once I replace the clutch. I will be interested to see what the real power level is.

You don't know how happy I am to see this. I can't wait to see the full tune. See what power I have created. Glad to see it all going well. Happy to say v2 of Zukzilla is on its way.
    K-9's Carbon, fabrication, TIG welding, CAD, CAM, and computer simulation services. Fabrication and Profectional CAD engineering for the little guy.