Thread: Who's Who in Admins and Moderators!

Who's Who in Admins and Moderators!

Hey everyone,

If you look on the bottom of the forum home page, you will see a link that says "View Forum Leaders" There are 6 of us, and you may not know who to turn to if you need assistance. I just wanted to kinda clear up any confusion as far as who does what on the site, and who to contact for what.

Here are the active forum leaders. These are the leaders you would contact if you needed some sort of assistance on the forum:

Administrator:
    Brumbie13 - That's obviously me! I own the site, pay for the hosting, and do the general site maintenance and upkeep. I also approve new members after they have confirmed their email addresses. If you have any forum related issued or troubleshooting problems, I'm your guy. If you have a problem with a moderator, you can contact me about that as well. You can contact me about general moderation if you'd like, but you may get a better response from the moderator team. You can reach me through either PM or Email.

Moderators:
    AdR & SX4rocious - These are your moderator team. They are consistent, long time members who volunteered for the position when I was looking for some new help in looking after the site. These two take care of a lot of the day-to-day moderating of the site. They review the site to make sure that the rules are being followed, people are being civil, and that we don't have any spammers. When you click on the "Report" button to report a post, it goes into a queue where the two of them and myself have access to discuss the report and make a decision. They have the ability to moderate, edit, or delete posts. They also have the ability to warn and ban users. This very rarely happens, and any corrective action taken is accounted for so that we all stay on the same page. Feel free to contact either one of these two via either the "Report" button or through PM's.

Here are our inactive Forum Leaders. Please do not contact these members for moderation or administrative help, they are on less frequently than the active forum leadership and you may not get a response in a timely manner:

Backup Administrator:
    Punksmurph: For those of you who remember, this forum was started and owned by another forum owner under a different domain name. After becoming a moderator, he asked me to step in and become the administrator while he left. He said he would be back in a few months, and we never heard from him again. I could access the administrative functions of the forum, but had no access to the hosting or server. Eventually, he stopped paying for the hosting and the old site ceased to exist. When we registered the new domain and paid for the new VBulletin software, I wanted to implement a backup administrator. If anything were to happen to me, punksmurph has access to the hosting information and could keep the site going in my absence.

Backup Moderators:
    Darrenf and rubicon4wheeler: These moderators are backup moderators. They are less active moderators that post up infrequently. However, if I needed people to step up quickly, either one of them would come back and perform. They are longtime friends and great backups if I were to need them.
    The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell.

I apologize, I meant to sticky the thread and keep it unlocked.
    Instead, I accidentally locked it and didn't sticky it.
    I have fixed it, and the thread is open.
    The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell.

I just want to say a huge thank you to the administrators/moderators of this site. This is a wonderful place full of helpful people, and it really has made owning an SX4 much more satisfying. Thanks!
    2008 sx4 awd auto hatch touring

Same here. I have a great time on this forum and I find what I need. People are civil and very knowledgeable. Thank you.
    AWD 2013. CVT. Custom SRI w/Apollo, RRM Crank Pulley, RRM piggyback ecu, Custom 2.25 Flowmaster exhaust, RRM Front/Rear Swaybars, UR Rear Strut bar, Megan Racing Coilovers, Techna-fit brake lines, Projector HID retrofit.

Thanks guys! I have to agree. Everybody's very nice and helpful. Yes, there might be differences here and there but they're so few and so sparse that I barely notice them. I wish all forums were like this one. It all comes to the quality and good nature of the people.

Cheers!
    "It's kind of like having a harem. It's really expensive and WAY overkill, but how much fun is it to brag to your friends that you have one?"
    SX4-Turbo @ 11psi

Thanks fellas! I have enjoyed this forum since about 2 days after buying my car and come here for advice before anything else. I'm rather honored Brumbie gave me this position, and hopefully I can do a good job for everyone!
    Yes, that is, in fact, a Squirrel driving a Ferrari...

I've been here 2 weeks and I have to say there is a massive amount of knowledge on here and it's easily accessible. Everyone seems to be courteous and informative and those are traits you don't see as much as you should these days!

Hi guys,
    I am a new member from Europe, Finland. The SX4 is not a big seller in Europe, but according to our MOT inspections, it is one of the most reliable vehicles in our tough sub artic climate conditions. I have understood the sales of the SX4 is low in Northern America. In spite of that, I hope you guys keep on the good work.
    Rgds
    Hilcli