Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member in our family.

New member in our family.

I had a sneaking suspicion something is amiss when I got home and saw our two cars rearranged in unusual way. Sure enough when I opened the garage to park my bike inside, I saw this. . .
    20131229_025001_zps2waeqmq2.jpg
    Bright red Prius C in all its glory.
    My wife has gone complete bonkers ... Now we have 3 cars.
    On a good note SX4 is all mine now ...
    Last edited by midnightsx4; December 30th, 2013 at 01:46 AM.
    How hard can it be?

Nice buy. Slow as a 3 legged turtle but so darn efficient. A friend constantly gets 45mpg on spirited driving. I think the epa score is 50mpg city which means it's totally achievable if ypu don't have a lead foot.
    "It's kind of like having a harem. It's really expensive and WAY overkill, but how much fun is it to brag to your friends that you have one?"
    SX4-Turbo @ 11psi

Quote Originally Posted by AdR View Post
    Nice buy. Slow as a 3 legged turtle but so darn efficient. A friend constantly gets 45mpg on spirited driving. I think the epa score is 50mpg city which means it's totally achievable if ypu don't have a lead foot.
    Who cares, drive that V-strom somewhat sensibly and you'll get the same mileage
    '11 SX4 AWD 6-spd, '07 Grand Vitara V6, '01 GS500
    Father's: '12 Kizashi Sport & '12 Grand Vitara
    Proud owners of the entire North American Suzuki line-up

it looks like kinda like the a p!ssed off grasshopper that's blushing heavily..... LOL But with 2X the MPG's of the SX4, it's a pretty nice buy.
    Yes, that is, in fact, a Squirrel driving a Ferrari...

Quote Originally Posted by Wagoneer View Post
    Who cares, drive that V-strom somewhat sensibly and you'll get the same mileage
    The VStorm can't do it while seating 5 and keeping everybody dry and warm...
    "It's kind of like having a harem. It's really expensive and WAY overkill, but how much fun is it to brag to your friends that you have one?"
    SX4-Turbo @ 11psi

She really likes it. IMHO its a girly car. She might even name it.

I haven't even driven it. I have a sneaking suspicion that I won't be driving it much at all.

Sensible and motorcycle ain't two words you can put together and live in peace with yourself.

I can take five people for a drag behind my Vee in a rain. It is that capable and versatile.
    How hard can it be?

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsx4 View Post
    Sensible and motorcycle ain't two words you can put together and live in peace with yourself.
    Why can't they be? I only started riding mine in June and I just about covered my insurance for the year with how much gas I saved. This next season I have no doubt I'll cover my insurance costs and then some. With your ridiculously low motorcycle insurance rates in the states I bet you could save a bunch every year riding a bike. Not sure what your V gets for mileage but my GS gets 55mpg all city (even with my fat butt on it driving the balls off of it), and over 60 city/hwy. That's more than twice what the SX4 gets which saved me over $100 a month. I really only drove the SX4 for camping trips or if I needed to bring the dogs with me somewhere.

But I guess that doesn't take into consideration the maintenance and if you have payments still on the bike...

You must be living on a relatively flat relief. Where I live it is the opposite. I read of other VEE riders getting 45+mpg combined. I get solid 40-41 MPG riding my VEE. Mind you panniers and top box always loaded with various junk. I don't know whether its my riding or terrain. But it is what it is. I don't complain or strive to improve it.
    Most important, I ride my bikes not to save on gas or insurance. I ride because I love it.
    Insurance in state of Washington is not compulsory. Other states have different laws.
    I do have it and it is laughable $10 a month.

Cheers...
    How hard can it be?

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsx4 View Post
    I do have it and it is laughable $10 a month.
    I hate you so much right now, you have no idea.

You'd be laughing even more if you knew what I paid for my GS. And it's a measly 500cc.

Quote Originally Posted by AdR View Post
    OR- you can buy my 1988 Suzuki Forsa?--- 3cyl 1000cc -- gets over 50mp US gallon and scoots along nicely (with a 5 speed manual NOT the auto) and is ALMOST as good as the SX4 in the snow!!