Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: andrlm's White SX4 from Indonesia

Looking good! From your IG post looked like your lap times were pretty good compared to some of the other cars. Do you plan to upgrade the brakes next given the brake fade?

Awesome. Dont forget automatics heat up like crazy. If you're autocrossing you might want to add a cooler to cool your tranny oil.
    AWD 2013. CVT. Custom SRI w/Apollo, RRM Crank Pulley, RRM piggyback ecu, Custom 2.25 Flowmaster exhaust, RRM Front/Rear Swaybars, UR Rear Strut bar, Megan Racing Coilovers, Techna-fit brake lines, Projector HID retrofit.

Quote Originally Posted by Schultzey View Post
    Looking good! From your IG post looked like your lap times were pretty good compared to some of the other cars. Do you plan to upgrade the brakes next given the brake fade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Samus View Post
    Awesome. Dont forget automatics heat up like crazy. If you're autocrossing you might want to add a cooler to cool your tranny oil.
    Thx guys! Yes, already planning to change to higher boiling point DOT 4 brakefluid (currently using stock DOT 3 one), and stainless brakelines. brakepad is good enough, as it doesnt eat the rotor quickly, and braking force is good.

Yes, i can feel the tranny heat on the center console lol. But by limiting into 2 or 3 laps of allout pace, and 1 cooldown lap, the temp is manage-able. Maybe after some trackdays, i will install it. For now, just need brakes, and importantly more seat time to improve my technique & familiarize with current setup.
    Last edited by andrlm; July 14th, 2017 at 06:32 AM.

I am flushing brake fluid my self this weekend temps here hit 100 & after 5 mins idling I could see bubbling in reservoir. DOT 4 higher viscosity than DOT 3?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSilenceDoGood View Post
    I am flushing brake fluid my self this weekend temps here hit 100 & after 5 mins idling I could see bubbling in reservoir. DOT 4 higher viscosity than DOT 3?
    It should be higher, and works better at higher temperature.

Btw, new pic of the SX4 in action while doing 90km/h left-hander.

35005321683_d37bd7a9f9_o.jpg