Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: andrlm's White SX4 from Indonesia

andrlm's White SX4 from Indonesia

Greetings from Indonesia,
    on mid-2011,im looking for either Honda Fit (Jazz in Indonesia) or Toyota Vitz (Yaris in Indonesia), and Suzuki SX4..for the terrible road conditions (many speedbumps, etc), the SX4 clearly beats the other two. In short, on June 2011, my father and i go to nearest Suzuki dealer, and get a brand new White SX4..i thouht that i could get pictures from that time until now, to build a timeline, but totally forgot it, so here's my SX4,:

it has been running for 50.286km in 2years..driven 80kms everyday mainly highway (my transportation to college)..sometimes got its "1month holiday" on college break..looking for rally-style build:

shaved roofracks..thanks to one DIY thread on this forum (forgot the nickname)

that *ss..looks better with the DIY mudflap inspired from impreza guys, hiding the small tires that goes inside the fender (205/60/r16 tires), and full debadge..

other pics..btw the stickers are lists of products that i used, although one of them is replica (suzukisport grill) and WRC is homemade (mudflap), the k&n (drop in) is original

joeymod's headlight blackhousing on JDM headlights (left the turn signal and high beam reflectors, used projectors for low beam), and suzuki sport's grill replica

pics of interior, just wrapping some parts with carbon vinyl (to minimize the chromes and hide scratches)

and..the engine bay..M15A engine, with little mods:

homemade PCV valve bypass intake

list of mods:

Engine+exhaust
    -K&N drop-in filter, slight better fuel consumption on highway
    -PCV valve bypass intake (dunno what it's called in english), directly add more air to the intake from behind the grill , better pickup response
    -custom-made header (4-1 long runner), noticeable gain from 3000rpm until 6500, easily reach 180kmh top speed (maybe it still can go up, but the final gear limits it, cmiiw)
    -removed catalytic converter (no mandatory smog test/regulation here, so who cares ?), noticeable power gain, and exhaust sound..
    -custom-made chambered muffler..
    -DIY 7 points grounding cable

Exterior
    -DIY Mudflaps+wrc stickers (search at google "DIY mudflap" for reference. Lot subaru guys do the mod)
    -shaved roofracks
    -Suzuki rear wing (the small one)
    -Suzuki Sport's grill replica
    -full debadged
    -Joeymod's headlight blackhousing
    -chips on front bumper and hood caused by road debris
    Interior
    -Carbon wrapping on some parts

ICE
    -Stock, stock, and stock

currently still working to get piggyback (Dastek Unichip) to maximize current mods,..and either painting stock rims to white, or trade for a set of 15" rally rims..

maybe on mid or end of 2014, or even early 2015, the SX4 may get serious upgrade,either turboing the M15A or just swapped with another motor and get heavily modded..big brake kits, coilover, bucket seat + 4point harnesses, and better tires also planned, to handle upgraded power. Still working hard and hope bunch of cash will run into my bank easily

any other mods and suggestion is welcome!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by andrlm; December 19th, 2013 at 07:37 AM.

little bump !

Head lights and carbonfiber look on the interior looks great
    Techno Blue - lifted

really like the dark headlights in combination with the white car and the dark windows.Nice black and white theme i like.Maybe an idea to do the same in the interieur by putting in white items/and black and white leatherseats?
    Don t forget to have fun today,just enjoy every day

Quote Originally Posted by My1stCar View Post
    Head lights and carbonfiber look on the interior looks great
    thx..was planning to wrap entire middle dash (from mid-speaker, a/c vents until near cupholder), but i thought its very100x ricey ..

Quote Originally Posted by jacob025 View Post
    really like the dark headlights in combination with the white car and the dark windows.Nice black and white theme i like.Maybe an idea to do the same in the interieur by putting in white items/and black and white leatherseats?
    yeah its a great idea, but since i will swap the stock seats to buckets, so i keep it stock. black-white seat + black harnesses looks perfect

btw still confused , how's the configuration of standard header on the sx4? 4-1 / 4-2-1? it looks like a short 4-1, but heard that its actually a short 4-2-1

Love the black and white look. I had a K&N but chickened out when it came time to re oil it, as it is very close to the MAF.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete the Pirate View Post
    Love the black and white look. I had a K&N but chickened out when it came time to re oil it, as it is very close to the MAF.
    im also chickened at the first time, oiled it at night and install it on the morning..luckily never had the MAF problem.

It's 4-1 as far as I can tell. I think monster sport has been the only ones to make a true 4-2-1 header for the SX4 so far. But I'm assuming it was on the M16A engine which is the same as in the swift. It looks like the monster sport header for the swift has two smaller cats built into the header, so I'm not sure if the stock configuration is the same? I would love a long 4-2-1 header for the J20B, I think it would really help the mid-range torque. That's definitely one thing on my list when the drivetrain warranty is up in 60,000 more km.
    '11 SX4 AWD 6-spd Off-Road ready...
    Father's: '12 Kizashi Sport & '12 Grand Vitara
    Proud owners of the entire North American Suzuki line-up

Quote Originally Posted by Wagoneer View Post
    It's 4-1 as far as I can tell. I think monster sport has been the only ones to make a true 4-2-1 header for the SX4 so far. But I'm assuming it was on the M16A engine which is the same as in the swift. It looks like the monster sport header for the swift has two smaller cats built into the header, so I'm not sure if the stock configuration is the same? I would love a long 4-2-1 header for the J20B, I think it would really help the mid-range torque. That's definitely one thing on my list when the drivetrain warranty is up in 60,000 more km.
    the 4-2-1 headers are good choice, ..ive seen sx4 dyno charts with long 4-2-1 headers and it increases the torque dramatically from 2500 until 6000 rpm (AFTER piggyback tuning).. i will look for the pics