Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Choices...choices.

Choices...choices.

I thought I would post a thread here to get an unbiased response. I am in the market for a project car. My list is either 240sx, resto-mod to a jdm type x model.
    Ae86 hatch...which are impossible to find :/.
    Or a GC8 impreza, resto-mod into a sti version 5.
    I know the 240 would be the cheapest and the impreza the most expensive in most aspects.
    Just wanted to see what you other car guys think. All opinions are welcome. :beer::beer::beer::beer:

Do you want to stand out, or do you want to be like everyone else? I can't say I know much about any of the cars you listed, other than i see 240sx's being owned by a lot more 'highschool aged ricers' (if you know what i mean). That said, you could make your 240 into something they only dream about, and it would stand out. As for the impreza, ive literally only seen 1 around here and it was one that was classy and clean, but still enough for me to remember years ago. As for the toyota.. if you can my god gooby
    Techno Blue - lifted

I agree. I see a lot of the 240's for sale are owned by young kids...and they are slammed on crap coilovers with stupid outrageous body kits. But I actually found a super clean...no rust!!!...240 hatch that already has the sr20 swap. Of course it has crap coilovers and cheap rims but that stuff doesn't bother me because I can sell it or throw it away. I have loved both the S13 and GC since I was a kid and now I'm older I can easily afford one and I don't know with one to pick!! I am leaning towards the GC just because of the usability especially in a state where there is snow half the f'ing year.

I would lend towards the Imperza just because you don't see a lot of them out and about.
    "If you aren't continuously looking up and putting in the effort, you can't reach the next level."

I agree. there are soooo many 280's here. finding a good one is another story, but I'm much more into rare cars. There is only one GC around here and it makes a GREAT impression every time I see it. There is also one good ae86 here and I have to say, it is by far my favorite. Sounds amazing, looks great, extremely rare, and crazy reliable. I'd kill for one, but it'll have to wait for a few years. Whatever you decide dude, don't let our oppinions influence you one way or the other! You already have a Suzuki, so we all know you have great taste in cars!!
    Yes, that is, in fact, a Squirrel driving a Ferrari...

Have you decided on what kind of model you want?
    "If you aren't continuously looking up and putting in the effort, you can't reach the next level."

A loaded 280 or first generation 300, with a Ford 302. The Turbos had the bigger one ton truck diff and should be reasonably durable.

I wouldn't pick any of those. They've all been done, and they all sort of have a negative boy-racer stereotype that comes along with them.

If I had to choose I'd go with the impreza just because I like the bub bub bub bub bub bub bub bub bub
    '11 SX4 AWD 6-spd, '07 Grand Vitara V6, '01 GS500
    Father's: '12 Kizashi Sport & '12 Grand Vitara
    Proud owners of the entire North American Suzuki line-up

How about a stock Mercury Marauder. Less boy racer than any Sube.

I'm a huge fan of 70's Japanese imports. Say a pretty cool 70 something Civic hill climb racer on ebay for like $3500 the other day!
    Yes, that is, in fact, a Squirrel driving a Ferrari...