Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788

Thread: The OFFICIAL: what did you do today? ...thread...

Quote Originally Posted by TRS View Post
    Last year Chicago got logged 5.4 inches of snow on April 14 and 2.5 inches on April 27. But back to back 80+ degree days so switched out winter tires and wheels for summer set.
    What do you run? I'm planning on Nokians for winter but I'm torn between Nordman 7s (because I already run them on the ST) and Hakka R3s. The R3s are really tempting because of those crystals embedded in the rubber acting like tiny studs but I'm not sure they are worth the price difference over the 7s.

For summers I will run the general gmax as-05 which are considered UHP all season but are really just 3 season. I have found them comparable to the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s that came on my ST from factory for roughly $300 cheaper per set.
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Technology Copper Sunlight Metallic - RIP
    '15 Ford Fiesta ST Tuxedo Black, Stage 2+ E30 tuned
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Touring Copper Sunlight Metallic - v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Die trying View Post
    What do you run? I'm planning on Nokians for winter but I'm torn between Nordman 7s (because I already run them on the ST) and Hakka R3s. The R3s are really tempting because of those crystals embedded in the rubber acting like tiny studs but I'm not sure they are worth the price difference over the 7s.

For summers I will run the general gmax as-05 which are considered UHP all season but are really just 3 season. I have found them comparable to the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s that came on my ST from factory for roughly $300 cheaper per set.

For winter I run the Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 and for summer it's Hankook's Ventus V12 Evo. The Hankook tires will last through this warm season but will likely need to be replaced for 2022.
    2010 SX4 Sportback 2.0L (FWD, CVT) 33k miles Azure Grey

I walked past mine and looked at it. Insurance ran out and I have 3 other vehicles insured at the moment so it sits until I'm ready to pull the insurance on at least one of the other vehicles. 4 insured vehicles for one person is more than needed.
    2009 SX4 AWD hatch, auto, 2.0L. JX model I think. I am the king of knowledge and all around me are fools (is what I tell myself to boost my ego).

Quote Originally Posted by Die trying View Post
    Since it's Easter weekend I thought I would resurrect an old thread that never really should have died in the first place. Let's keep it alive.

The past 3 days have been eventful for my SX4. First I had the driver side seat foam repaired and the seat reupholstered at a local shop on Thursday. Yesterday I had the front transaxle fluid, rear diff fluid, and coolant all replaced and I had the brake fluid flushed and replaced with dot4. When that was done I removed the factory airbox and installed the rrm v1 sri I recently purchased from another member. That was a bit of a bear because it's apparently a little longer than the v2 I had on my previous car so the Apollo was butted right up against the radiator. Fortunately I bought a tube cutter a while back and was able to cut a few inches off the SRI to make it fit like my last one did. Today I degreased the top of the engine from the 12 years of spilt oil top offs and gave it a much needed spark plug change. 3 of the 4 appeared to be the factory originals but oddly one was completely different NGK with a different center electrode. Finally I removed the faux aluminum rear skid plate, also a pain in the butt since a previous owner replaced the factory push in clips with allen head bolts and lock nuts.

All in all it was a pretty productive weekend for me and the SX4 got some much needed TLC.

Now if I can just track down the intermittent squealing bearing noise that just cropped up...
    So I noticed on the invoice as I was filing it that the shop put GL5 in the manual transmission. GL5 will corrode the synchros. Of course the shop manager didn't believe me when I called but after educating him I'm going in tomorrow for new gear oil.
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Technology Copper Sunlight Metallic - RIP
    '15 Ford Fiesta ST Tuxedo Black, Stage 2+ E30 tuned
    '09 SX4 AWD 5-spd Touring Copper Sunlight Metallic - v2.0