Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Airbag sensor "extended warranty" is now an actual recall

For something like that I'd wait for the recall to appear in the mail and then take it in for the scan, or whatever, as the 2nd guy you talked to suggested. He knows the drill....if the recall isn't in full swing, they'll have more aggravation and so will you. Better chance to have it resolved with as little inconvenience to you once the admission of guilt (the recall notice) is in your hands. Personally, I'll just wait until I take ours in for the annual state inspection to have this looked at. (it's the only time I ever go to the zuk dealer) Hopefully by then the recall notice will be out and parts will be on hand at the dealer. We haven't had any issues w/ the SX4 light, so I suspect they'll tell me all is well. My Kizashi however does exhibit an issue...light comes on indicating the bag is OFF when my wife, or daughter, is in the pass seat on occasion (not every time). When I had the Kiz in for inspection last December I had them 'check' it. They claimed no codes reported, so no problem. I later took a picture of the light on with my 105 lb. daughter in the seat and sent it to the dealer....seems like a problem, no? Bottom line, there won't be enough 'issues' exhibited and reported w/ the low number of Kizashis on the road for Suzuki to be forced to do anything about it. Not a huge issue for me anyway as I very rarely have passengers. Besides, I survived in cars that weren't even equipped w/ seat belts let alone a dozen airbags. To me all this techno safety crap is a huge, expensive pain the arse anyway.
    2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD
    2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD
    1991 Samurai Soft-Top, 5-Speed, EFI (sold )

Ya i pretty much came to the same conclusion, i dont honestly drive very much (only 26k miles in like 6 years of having the car), and if i go somewhere with someone else odds are im bumming the ride :p so not mad, but thanks for your input Ron
    Techno Blue - lifted

One reason why they abandoned the US market. We should stop being arrogant and bring our regs in line with the EU.

The fault code is B1312

I was given said information by the first man I talked to yesterday (the funner, not lame man). He said anywhere can scan for it, if it comes up they will order parts and replace for me.
    Techno Blue - lifted

Talked to shorkey service and scheduled appointment the recall is not that its an unlimited mile /year warranty . If airbag light is on they start a claim and fix the problem . They have been finding that the circuit in the seat sensor isnt closing to be the problem . Im going on the 28th ill post anymore info then. i hate taking my car to the dealer since im a mechanic its like letting someone else service your wife when your perfectly capable if not better lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ronzuki View Post
    . Besides, I survived in cars that weren't even equipped w/ seat belts let alone a dozen airbags. To me all this techno safety crap is a huge, expensive pain the arse anyway.

Got the Notice Letter from Canada Suzuki..
    "it is not a recall letter"...

"it is a coverage extension letter" for 10 years and 200k km... if you are now 130k km in 3 years ..it will be out of warranty..and if it breaks.. you have to pay

Canadian is being cheated again...
    2007AWD auto.200k km..K/N air filter,AUXinput,Grp34size Battery
    Fixes..alternator,swybarlnk,cntrlarm,innertierod,P wiperarm,Rexhaustjnt,Raxleseals,Ujoints,idler,tens ioner pulleys.

I received the recall letter in today's mail.

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
    This notice applies to your vehicle, [JS2Yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Dear [Your Name],

This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

[Blah blah blah]

Although recall replacement parts are not currently available, to correct this condition when parts are available, your authorized Suzuki service provider will replace the front passenger seat bottom cusion in your vehicle with a cushion that includes an improved sensor mat, at no cost to you for parts and labor.

Suzuki Motor Corporation is working as quickly as possible to correct the parts availability situation, but it will likely be several months before parts are available. Suzuki will send a second letter when parts are available.
    Feline mechanics Condoleezza Mice and Duke Wayne
    2011 SX4 Crossover, 1996 beater Miata

praise duh lordy jeebus
    Techno Blue - lifted