Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ??? I NEED STRUTS, cant find them

get them from Europe... no problems. rock auto has them... search this forum for my thread for the part #s.

Keep in mind even from Europe the cost of struts + shocks is about $250 less than coil overs. not that coilovers are great for DD but if you are looking to squeeze out some extra cornering, it might be worth a look.
    2008 SX4 Crossover Touring 4AT
    2013 SX4 Crossover Tech 6MT | Upgraded lighting on the cheap...Not a stock light or bulb left in the car |

Quote Originally Posted by EricDavis621 View Post
    I started a thread on mine, I installed them last week...with no air tools.
    Crazy, and I was transferring my lift kit aswell, so it was a little bit more of a process.
    So are the part numbers I posted the wrong ones? If so, what is the correct part #'s?
    2008 SX4 AWD AT, RRO lift, 215 70r16 Cooper AT3's
    2013 SX4 AWD CVT, RRO skid, lift and more armour to come

I don't know, I wasn't saying you were wrong, just that these struts aren't as hard to find a people make it seem... I ordered mine on a Monday night and had them Wednesday. Sure, not exactly same day but I paid half of what Suzuki wanted, so no complaints.,
    2008 SX4 Crossover Touring 4AT
    2013 SX4 Crossover Tech 6MT | Upgraded lighting on the cheap...Not a stock light or bulb left in the car |

Quote Originally Posted by bhicks View Post
    So are the part numbers I posted the wrong ones? If so, what is the correct part #'s?
    I'm sure they are the right part numbers, I never said they weren't. I bought OEM.

I'm sure they are the right part numbers, I never said they weren't. I bought OEM.
    OK. Thanks. Out of curriosity; what did the OEM struts cost?

Quote Originally Posted by bhicks View Post
    OK. Thanks. Out of curriosity; what did the OEM struts cost?
    $250-280 a pop. Yeah!

I also inquired with both Monroe & Rock Auto on the struts G7510/G7509, because of the little "footnote" they have listed about those being specific to the FWD Hatch and state that they are 'not for vehicles with increased ground clearance...".

Monroe said, first off they are from Monroe Europe...not North America, and that IF they were at all compatible with the North American AWD version...it would have stated that. He says that they do not recommend using them if that's what we're trying to mount them on. Then he continued on in more detail on different chassis heights, spring heights, etc...I would have to say I would trust his word as he had all the specs between all the different models and said they're different. He wasn't trying to push a sale on the chance they "may" fit.

Rock Auto said, the same thing in much less detail.

I'm not sure if I would chance buying/installing them when they are not guaranteed to fit correctly. If they break because ride heights are different or for whatever reason, your stuck buying another one which would just cost you what OEM is in the first place. I dunno...

Great info. Thanks for posting up what you found.

$250-280 a pop. Yeah!

I also inquired with both Monroe & Rock Auto on the struts G7510/G7509, because of the little "footnote" they have listed about those being specific to the FWD Hatch and state that they are 'not for vehicles with increased ground clearance...".

Monroe said, first off they are from Monroe Europe...not North America, and that IF they were at all compatible with the North American AWD version...it would have stated that. He says that they do not recommend using them if that's what we're trying to mount them on. Then he continued on in more detail on different chassis heights, spring heights, etc...I would have to say I would trust his word as he had all the specs between all the different models and said they're different. He wasn't trying to push a sale on the chance they "may" fit.

Rock Auto said, the same thing in much less detail.

I'm not sure if I would chance buying/installing them when they are not guaranteed to fit correctly. If they break because ride heights are different or for whatever reason, your stuck buying another one which would just cost you what OEM is in the first place. I dunno...

more information about struts, go for here: SPAM
    Last edited by AdR; July 21st, 2014 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Spam Alert

Link not working.
    RRO Lift Kit - 215/70/16 Gen Grab AT2.

Do I smell Spam ???