Thread: GPS Door

GPS Door

It seems the Door to my GPS thing has broken a pin that it swivel's on Anyone know if i just have to get a new door thing?

What year car? I have the swivel mount from a 2008 that screws on to the door with 4 screws in a kinda butterfly shape extra in the garage so it can be replaced by itself without the whole pop up door...
    2007 & 2009 SX4 AWD Touring Automatic USA models

cant imagine what youre talking about but i have a 2009 tech. crossover.

Mine broke where if you pushed the door too far forward, including what might happen when using the touch-screen, you could no longer close it. The spring was popping past the stop. It was fixed under my only warranty claim.

do you mean this part? I wonder if i can drill out that plastic peg and put in a metal screw for some more robustness.

I do not have an extra of this part - just the butterfly looking plastic part that holds the Garmin cradle to this part that screws into that part on the 4 small mount holes. The tab you are pointing to with the pen could be fixed with a high quality super fast 2-part epoxy or possibly a very small screw with a drop of epoxy on it to keep is secure.
    2007 & 2009 SX4 AWD Touring Automatic USA models

yea i drilled it out and was able to put a screw in there. will need a more secure method. it looks a bit wonky.