Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Daily Toy...

Quote Originally Posted by shpeedy View Post
    Small update - towing hitch and bicycle carrier:

Small update:
    Question: 4x4+2x1=what transmission do I have ?
    Man, your SX4 looks awessome!

Quote Originally Posted by AdR View Post
    Looks as if the car has a tail.
    I completely agree with you!

One small update to the car:

And one addition to the 'garage' (pics are from sale ad, as I just bought it today):

Congrats on the accessories. They are really important! And Congrats on the new swift too! You can also swap your accessories with the swift and the swift's accessories with your SX4.

Drive Safe,
    aa3.
    Last edited by aa3; May 26th, 2014 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aa3 View Post
    Man, your SX4 looks awessome!
    Thanks for the appreciation, man !

I still have some plans for the toys...
    2010 SX4 1.6 VVT 4x4 GS trim level Bright RED

Why not keep a different and much more appealing grille in the front such that the look will improve even more???? Can't you keep some black alloys with +45 or nearby offset for the best looks of your SX4? Anyways, whatever you do, your SX4 will look brilliant!

Enjoy!

Drive Safe,
    aa3.

My city ride:

Haven't write on the topic for quite a while...

Here are some pics from last week-end, when I decided to go solo on some mountains 3 hours North of Bucharest:

The SX4 recently made 87,000kms - no problems so far (passed the compulsory 2-years regular technical inspection without sweat). As I'm still rollin' on the 6yo factory tires (Bridgestone Turanza - rolled some 55,000kms out of the total), I just ordered a set of Yokohama Geolandars G012 in 205/65R16 - quite excited to put them on.
    Last edited by shpeedy; July 1st, 2016 at 02:38 AM.

That Four New Tire Feel

I just ordered a set of Yokohama Geolandars G012 in 205/65R16 - quite excited to put them on.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I remember well how great my SX4 felt, drove and performed when I put four new tires on her. Guess the old tiers do degrade so much in all those KM/Miles so gradually we never notice it until the first moment we drive it after replacing them all at the same time and and notice the difference by driveing it for the first time only an hour or so after driving it soft tires on it...

Being 66.9 years old now, this is not the first time I have replaced all my vehicles tires at the same time. However suspect the SX4 is the lightest car I have ever owned. I would not doubt the car being so light may easily cause the four new tire affect to be more pronounced than with a heavier vehicle......?

Enjoy your new car feel my friend...............

As I mentioned in other posts, the toy has a lift-kit (higher/tougher coils from MAD Tooling) and a new set of Yokohama Geolandars 205/65R16 on stock wheels. I chose that size because it's bigger than 215/60 and smaller than 215/65, thus not adding a significant additional weight to the running gear (compared tot the stock 205/60) - believe me, you can feel the extra weight on the small 1.6 engine.

The ride became more comfy with the new size, and the traction outside of paved road increased, with a small increase in consumption and decrease in acceleration.

And some pics:

I also had a small off-road trip in the mountains with a friend who has a Dacia/Renault Duster (a turbo-diesel one):

https://youtu.be/VSGL1nwKH00

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

amazing pics, looks great. Can you share the link for the mad tooling springs ? how much lift did it give you ?
    2010 sx4 JX AWD

I bought the MAD springs from an italian webshop (still have the best price I found on internet). The lift is something in the area of 15-20mm. Considering the 190mm of stock ground clearance and +10mm from the bigger tires, I estimate some 220mm.

Hello..! i think to make the same lift as yours i am glud i found a picture of what i am thinking to do to my sx4....
    I am also in search for skidplates rear and front ....where did you bought yours? !!!!