Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed: 2013 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Confirmed: 2013 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Looks like Autoblog is saying that ASMC has confirmed the facelifted 2013 Grand Vitara.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/07/12/s.../#aol-comments

I wish Suzuki would have replaced the tired 4 speed trans with the same Jatco CVT from the SX4 and the Kizashi. I also wish the refresh came with a standard backup camera. My wife and I personally liked the spare tire carrier on the back but we must be in the minority because Suzuki eliminated it all together.

Just glad that Suzuki plans on staying in the US market since they are bringing this here sans the driver side 2nd mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock1973 View Post
    I wish Suzuki would have replaced the tired 4 speed trans with the same Jatco CVT from the SX4 and the Kizashi.
    From 06 up the GV has a 5 speed auto transmission. The SX4 and Kizashi have a transaxle. A transaxle will not work with the GV's front engine / rear drive longitudual drivetrain orientation.

Don't really dig the rear without the tire. It's questionable where they will fit the spare as there's not much room beneath. Hope it's not inside as that would kill the already lacking cargo space.
    "It's kind of like having a harem. It's really expensive and WAY overkill, but how much fun is it to brag to your friends that you have one?"
    SX4-Turbo @ 11psi

Quote Originally Posted by AdR View Post
    Don't really dig the rear without the tire. It's questionable where they will fit the spare as there's not much room beneath. Hope it's not inside as that would kill the already lacking cargo space.
    They may be able to do a under car mount for the spare tire, but even then I don't know if it would be full size.
    I am the Angel of Death for Automotive companies in the US, I have owned a Saturn and a Suzuki.

It is
    legitimate to compare my Suzuki SX4 to a Ferrari; Italian Designed, Superb engineering, and she burnt to the ground in a blaze of oil and carbon fiber glory.

Quote Originally Posted by punksmurph View Post
    They may be able to do a under car mount for the spare tire, but even then I don't know if it would be full size.
    Doubt it would be a full size. The briefcase muffler amd the rear diff almost take the whole space. I'm looking under mine and see it difficult although not impossible.

Only gripe with under body spared is how ridiculously dirty it gets. Let's just hope you don't get a flat while going to anywhere fancy. :p
    "It's kind of like having a harem. It's really expensive and WAY overkill, but how much fun is it to brag to your friends that you have one?"
    SX4-Turbo @ 11psi

Quote Originally Posted by jelly2m8 View Post
    From 06 up the GV has a 5 speed auto transmission. The SX4 and Kizashi have a transaxle. A transaxle will not work with the GV's front engine / rear drive longitudual drivetrain orientation.
    Nope. 2006 to present Grand Vitara's have a 4 gear auto trans for the US market bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock1973 View Post
    Nope. 2006 to present Grand Vitara's have a 4 gear auto trans for the US market bud.
    You both are right and wrong. V6 models have a 5 speed auto while the 4cyl counterparts have a 4 speed box. The 5 speed was the only one available until the 2009's intro of the 2.4L with 4 speed and apparently the 2012 models don't come in V6 variants anymore.

Don't know how "tired" the 4 speed auto is since the four banger has been less years in production than the V6. I'd personally wouldn't change the 5 speed for a CVT ever, I like my tow capacity.
    Last edited by AdR; July 12th, 2012 at 09:29 PM.
    SX4-Turbo @ 11psi

The grand vitara is the perfect poster vehicle for Suzuki: Not having any idea what the hell they're thinking.

The huge selling point of the GV over competition was towing capacity and a low range gearbox. Then they got rid of the V6. While the I4 is almost as fast as the V6 was, put a boat behind it and the I4 can't even compare. Going from a V6 with a 5 speed to a 4 cylinder with a 4 speed. WTF? They said they did it for fuel economy, but the I4 has to struggle so much to move the weight it gets the same fuel economy as the V6 did!

Now they have the stupid "urban" edition in Canada that has no full-size spare on the back, no low-range, none of the features that make the GV stand out. What are you thinking Suzuki...

Sure hope this facelift comes with more than just a facelift or else those GV's are just going to sit on the showroom floor just like the current ones are.
    '11 SX4 AWD 6-spd, '07 Grand Vitara V6, '01 GS500
    Father's: '12 Kizashi Sport & '12 Grand Vitara
    Proud owners of the entire North American Suzuki line-up

Tyre repair kit instead of a full-size spare on the back? Fail.

Luckily, it's just a limited edition, NOT a replacement for the current GV.
    "dropping a couple of gears to overtake is called driving"