Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Traded in the SX4 for a Dodge Journey

  1. #1

    Traded in the SX4 for a Dodge Journey

    I'm no longer and SX4 owner. I needed something bigger, so I traded in my 09 SX4 Crossover Touring and got a 2012 Dodge Journey Crew. I've never been a huge fan of domestic cars, but the redesigned Journey caught my attention and kept it. I've had it for about a week, and so far I absolutely love it. The SX4 was a good ride for 3 years, but it was time for a change. The reduction in gas mileage is going to hurt, but nearly double the horsepower will make up for it

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma!
    Posts
    2,111
    Well bud, I hope you have many wonderful miles on the Dodge.

    Take care, and thanks for being part of our community.


    All the best,
    Brumbie

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Council Bluffs, IA USA
    Posts
    1,867
    Good luck!

  4. #4
    Thanks guys. Good luck to you as well. By the way, I ended up getting $12k for the SX4 in trade. It held it's value a lot more than I was expecting after 3 years!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Council Bluffs, IA USA
    Posts
    1,867
    Nice! Dont forget to pop in with updates. Nobody ever does that.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NorthCentral NJ USA
    Posts
    280
    $12K (US I assume) sounds pretty good for me, what mileage did it have? Of course, the real question is what did it cost to trade up. I had a 1999 very cherry Mazda Protege with about 50K miles, moon roof and low profile tires... a very nice car. Beat on the deal as hard as I could I got $2.5K, but the SX4 was so heavily discounted I went for it anyway. Said another way, if I had paid closer to "list" on the SX4 the dealer would have given me more for my trade-in. Then too, I kept an eye to see what he did with my trade-in. It was in such good shape he put new tires on it (new brakes I hope) and put it up for sale off their own lot... asking $7K for starters. If they got $6K they made more of this than the sale of the new SX4 to me. That's alright, they are in business to make a profit - and pay their employees.

  7. #7
    I'll check in every now and then. The Dodge Journey forum isn't as active as this one

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry_NJ View Post
    $12K (US I assume) sounds pretty good for me, what mileage did it have?
    It only had about 23k miles on it. I always negotiate selling price on a new car before even talking about a trade-in or financing. That keeps the dealer from taking away from their discount to inflate the trade-in value (or vice versa). I'll have to go back and see what they're selling the SX4 for. I would guess that they'll ask around $15k for it. I think I only paid around $18k for it when it was brand new 3 years ago. I was expecting much lower residual value, so I'm happy with what I got.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vegas-ish
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
    It only had about 23k miles on it. I always negotiate selling price on a new car before even talking about a trade-in or financing. That keeps the dealer from taking away from their discount to inflate the trade-in value (or vice versa). I'll have to go back and see what they're selling the SX4 for. I would guess that they'll ask around $15k for it. I think I only paid around $18k for it when it was brand new 3 years ago. I was expecting much lower residual value, so I'm happy with what I got.
    Holy cow... The most I have been offered at a dealer for mine is 4K.. Mine is a 2008 with 80K on it. 12K is a super high number.Trade in Value on your car is 8K in Excellent condition.. You got one heck of a deal man.. They can't sell that car for more then $9,500 and that is in great condition.. Maybe I should go to your dealership..

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Spec View Post
    Holy cow... The most I have been offered at a dealer for mine is 4K.. Mine is a 2008 with 80K on it. 12K is a super high number.Trade in Value on your car is 8K in Excellent condition.. You got one heck of a deal man.. They can't sell that car for more then $9,500 and that is in great condition.. Maybe I should go to your dealership..
    What site are you looking at for trade-in values? According to Kelley Blue Book, trade-in value on my SX4 is $12,249 in excellent condition or $12,049 in very good condition. I've never had a dealer offer even close to KBB trade-in value, which is why I was surprised with the $12k offer. You really had a dealer offer you $4k for a 2008? The miles must really kill the value.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •