Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bucephalus (bjuˈsɛfələs Bu-se-fa-las) - My Ride (INDIA)

Cool Bucephalus (bjuˈsɛfələs Bu-se-fa-las) - My Ride (INDIA)

Hi to everyone from JSK
    I own a Sx4 Sedan FWD 1.6L VVT M16A.
    Adventure freak and crazy for Automobiles, Landed on this site for guided and experience views for my Ride.
    Christened : Bucephalus (bjuˈsɛfələs Bu-se-fa-las)
    Drive: Front Wheel Drive ( sadly we don't get the AWD variant in Inda nor are the Rear Wheels having Discs <-- only regret )
    Colour: French Eclair

Have undertaken her on many Trip Journal of one is present here http://turbosandpistonz.com/forum/vi...php?f=52&t=841

Looking forward to healthy and productive discussions
    Ride Safe - Follow Rules - Relish Driving - Have Fun but not at the Cost of Others

Welcome to the forum!

Great pics!

And congrats on using IPA as a pronunciation guide!
    The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell.

Welcome!

It's seems that AWD would suite you well in your adventures. Funny that they don't offer it in India. It's one of the Suzuki's strongest markets.

Indian made Maruti 800, marketed as Suzuki Maruti, was very popular here in the beginning of 90's. I still see quite a few of them in the city and in pretty good shape. They turned out to be tough little cars.
    A friend who wrecked his BMW drove Maruti for a while and much to my surprise he was very pleased with it. And he was one of those BMW hard core fans who wouldn't even look at the car without BMW badge.
    ʇı ɟo ǝʇnuıɯ ʎɹǝʌǝ ʎoظuǝ ı 'ʎʇıuɐsuı ɯoɹɟ ɹǝɟɟns ʇuop ı

@Brumbie13 @Balansero Thank you !
    Quote Originally Posted by Balansero View Post
    Welcome!

It's seems that AWD would suite you well in your adventures. Funny that they don't offer it in India. It's one of the Suzuki's strongest markets.
    I even shot up a mail to MSIL asking for the same, knowing it was not going to happen. Back in Dec'09 when Sx4 finally came to our garage, had to waited 7months just to get my hands on VVT(global spec) as models prior to it were M16A Engine without VVT.

Indian made Maruti 800, marketed as Suzuki Maruti, was very popular here in the beginning of 90's. I still see quite a few of them in the city and in pretty good shape. They turned out to be tough little cars.
    A friend who wrecked his BMW drove Maruti for a while and much to my surprise he was very pleased with it. And he was one of those BMW hard core fans who wouldn't even look at the car without BMW badge.
    Problem with the Automotive Mindset is when it comes to Indian Market, they target Mass Sales at minimal costs, and masses here look at Fuel Efficiency more than utility. Thus for AWD or Traction Control aren't a priority normally( even if export models have them), though the trend is changing slowly.
    To give you an Idea MSIL ( Maruti Suzuki India Limited ) which also happens to be No.1, unbeatable in India, offers 7 Models at a price difference of INR 20,000 i.e. where the Cost of Top model of one variant ends the Bottom model of next Variant is just INR 20,00 away. But ofcourse all this is in Entry level segment.

Btw M800 still is in production(facelifted from time to time) facing competition from Tata Nano but on Order as now Alto (not the global spec i.e. known as Astar in India ) available in two option 800cc engine and K10 engine(slightly longer) has taken its place.
    My grandfather recently upgraded from M800 to K10 http://www.turbosandpistonz.com/foru...php?f=35&t=560

As Far as the Beast is concerned here is more on the Indian Sibling
    Zxi MT

Drum brakes at Rear ( even in top model)

Ride Safe - Follow Rules - Relish Driving - Have Fun but not at the Cost of Others

Welcome
    thank you for a fantastic road trip report and the pics were awesome
    Last edited by 1rocky; December 9th, 2011 at 01:32 PM.
    s sx4 awd (4wd) 2011 sunburnt copper auto adventure pack. light bar, speedy deception wheels 16s, reverse sensors, racing stripes cross bars bonnet protector headlight protectors

Nice ride

Thank You Guys it is good to be on the Forum
    Planning to add http://clubsx4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2772 to my car specs. Working on it, lets see how soon I get it in my Ride. Do let know your thought suggestion and expert opinion.

My Heart -n- Soul

Been away from forum for awhile - Job :/ is to be blamed
    Hate the coorporate world, and Metros.. I was happy back at my town where my car would touch 5th Gear most of the time and not play between the 1st and 2nd.
    I look forward to weekends now when I can hit the highway.... Driving everyday to office is the only relaxation I've on weekdays.

Good to have ya back!

Third Year approaching and my ride goes in for her annual service ( First Paid Service )

Apart from the usual Oil Filter and synthetic oil change for my ride. I use to find a slight reaking noise in the right front of the wheel, so the same was reported to the MASS - Berkley Chandigarh; I'm a true Chandigarh person to the core, so much so that since I find people in Chandigarh love cars way more than the ones in NCR ( in generic sense compared the masses ); hence I decided to goto Chandigarh for my rides service.

The ride was nicely taken care of the usual service routine, and once they started with the diagnostics of the sound. The outstone my patience, took the exhaust system and axel out, it was found that the Steering was light thus sensitivity was tweaked and after putting everything together they discovered the steering was tuned too heavy thus, everything was again started from sctratch.

Service centre closing time approched ; infact exceeded the billing and everyone else left, this team stayed behind to look after the ride. Eventually it was decided that we take the ride home and come back tomorrow instead of leaving it their, it would allow us to test the steering also.

Next day finally the steering was adjusted to the perfect setting and then since the interiors had greese all over as the Dash was removed and steering column tweaked, carbon of wear and tear brushed out, the beige had turned black, to which Berkley people clean it up nicely without requesting or pointing it out.

2 Days - Undivided Attention to my Ride

NOTE: Apologies if the previous pics are not visible. FB changed the links to JPeg images so embedded links are not displaying pics. Will update the links mentioned and also post pics via Picasa next time.