Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Horn Install Question

Horn Install Question

Am I correct in thinking the bumber has to come off in order to get to the stock horn? Can the grill be removed without taking off bumber? Saw the bumber DIY removal guide, not difficult at all. BTW, just purchased a Stebel Nautilus, can't wait to get it in and really be heard!
    2011 Sportback, Tint, Thule/RockyMount Rack, Polk DB6501 Components F & R, Brick's Mirror/Compass, K & N, Rear 12v Outlet, Stebel Nautilus , IPOD Interface, SS Pedals, A/C Knob Mod, Alpine XPower Amp, RRM Rear Sway Bar, SS Sills, LED's, Eibachs, 225/45-17's...

I would be interested to know as well!! The stock horn is so weak and clown car like I am embarassed to press it. Is the mod difficult or is it plug and play?

The general idea I got from my research was that most reccomend using the relay and not just swapping horns. Relay is just a few more wires, no biggie.
    2011 Sportback, Tint, Thule/RockyMount Rack, Polk DB6501 Components F & R, Brick's Mirror/Compass, K & N, Rear 12v Outlet, Stebel Nautilus , IPOD Interface, SS Pedals, A/C Knob Mod, Alpine XPower Amp, RRM Rear Sway Bar, SS Sills, LED's, Eibachs, 225/45-17's...

Hmmmm, I would prefer a plug and play horn like Nissan offers for the Cube. If I have to start splicing wires and cables I will just live with the stupid weak horn. I honked at a guy driving a Ford F350 pickup and he started cracking up when I pulled next to him. Talk about feeling pissed and embarassed at the same time!

My wife said we will NEVER buy another car with a wussy horn again. Never had horn envy in my H2 or my previous cars. When I test drove my 2010 Sportback I never considered testing out the horn. That is a mistake I won't be making again!

i got 4 horns on the front of my car. if you take out the 4 bolts on the top of the bumper, bend it forward, you can remove the screws from the top of the grill. then you will need to depress the 4 plastic tabs on the bottom of the grill. then it out.

i got 4 horns on the front of my car. if you take out the 4 bolts on the top of the bumper, bend it forward, you can remove the screws from the top of the grill. then you will need to depress the 4 plastic tabs on the bottom of the grill. then it out.
    Hmm, does this mean the when installing the light-bar, one could do it without taking the bumper all the way off? Because that would be awesome!
    2011 SX4 AWD M/T & 2011 SX4 Sportback M/T(SOLD)

Check out my friends art, or don't, whatever you want mate: http://www.jvandike.com

Sounds easy enough with the front bumper but did you have to splice and mess with the wiring when you added the 4 horns or was it plug and play??

I put a pair of Stebel Magnum High/Low horns on both my '08 and '10 and just removed the grill to do it. I removed the stock horn, tapped the two wires from its harness and added short runs of wire to extend them to where I mounted the new horns to the center brace in front of the radiator and crimped on spade lugs to slip onto the new horns. The stock horn circuit is fused and already has a relay so unless you are adding several extra horns (really increasing the load) then the OE relay should be fine.

2010 SX4 Sportback Azure Grey

i bought a spade crimp and plugged it into the connector for the stock horn.

no the bumper does not have to be removed to install the light bar.