Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to install Auxiliary lights (Driving Lights) the easy way.

Thought I would share a pic of my install... velcroed the unit to the fuse box lid and tried to clean up all the wiring the best I could. The driving light kit is a oem Suzuki PIAA driving light kit from the mid 90's. I didn't want to spend the money on a new wiring kit so worked with what I had... hence the extra electrical tape to help protect from moisture.

Last edited by Ricer_X_01; September 21st, 2016 at 08:07 PM.
    2007 Suzuki SX4 hatch awd
    2011 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
    1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Ricer_x_01

Can you post a picture of how you mounted the lights to the bumper?
    Also you state"The driving light kit is a oem Suzuki PIAA driving light kit from the mid 90's.", where do you get it.
    I did a quick google search and are only coming up with lights for the V-Strom motorcycle.
    2013 Suzuki SX4 Crossover i-AWD CVT w/Tech package

I lucked out and just happen to stumble upon them on eBay. They just standard 6" PIAA driving lights, but were a Suzuki accessory in the 90's for the Sidekicks and X90's. They weren't in the budget, but when I seen them I had to have them.

As for how they're mounted... http://clubsx4.com/forum/showthread....ight=fun+buggy

Once you pull the bumper off and see what you're working with, very straight forward and mounts the lights perfectly.

Edit: I see you have a 2013. Pretty certain the 2013's have a different front bumper. Might not fit as perfectly.
    2007 Suzuki SX4 hatch awd
    2011 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
    1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Quote Originally Posted by Ricer_X_01 View Post
    I lucked out and just happen to stumble upon them on eBay. They just standard 6" PIAA driving lights, but were a Suzuki accessory in the 90's for the Sidekicks and X90's. They weren't in the budget, but when I seen them I had to have them.

As for how they're mounted... http://clubsx4.com/forum/showthread....ight=fun+buggy

Once you pull the bumper off and see what you're working with, very straight forward and mounts the lights perfectly.

Edit: I see you have a 2013. Pretty certain the 2013's have a different front bumper. Might not fit as perfectly.
    Thanks for the info, between me and my dad we can usually figure something out.
    I have a set of these:
    AUX light resize.jpg

They were repainted a couple of years back to mount on my Jeep that I used to have. Never ended up happening so they are still sitting in my garage with all the wiring ready to be used. I know they may be too big and goofy looking but I can always mount something else later on.
    Last edited by kmbarreiros; October 10th, 2016 at 08:08 PM.
    2013 Suzuki SX4 Crossover i-AWD CVT w/Tech package

All the original photos seem to be gone from that host site...

Anybody still have access to them?