Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Known Off-Road Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by BCGuy View Post
    OK guys - I have the Rocky Road lift kit with rear shock kit coming along with their steel front skidplate. So far so good.
    Now I want TIRES. Yup... those are very well researched in this thread and with some digging/research the General Grabbers seem to be the best buy all-round.
    Here in Canada that is. 215/70/r16 fits the bill - and apparently the wheelwells too. Some trimming of the plastic doesn't bother me - more ground clearance is necessary! It's all old logging roads here with deep cutouts for runoff to go through. The short wheelbase on my former (now sold) '01 Grand Vitara with 225/75/16s (LT) went through these with no problem. I will report on and insert videos of my 4-wheelin' in my new-to-me 2010 SX4 JLX Hatchback/Crossover. Coming soon! Any performance mods for off-roading would be very welcome! Like Nitrous, supercharging, turbo, black-box mods, etc... not into cams, cranks etc... Let's hear it! How about that rig in the Costo parking lot!!! Now THAT'S an off-road RIG! Cool.
    How far away are you from Glacier/Waterton? I live just under Glacier in MT. Would definitely meet up and hit the trails in the park sometime if your interested...

Im sure someone could answer me this simple question.
    This is not to bash RRO skid plate.
    How much clearance RRO front skid plate has under the oil pan and transmission housing?
    According to RRO design, there is cut out for longitudinal beam withing engine cradle which allows skid plate sit almost horizontal in relation to the cradle itself.
    Im curious to find out because the skid I made has almost an inch of clearance on either side.

Cheers...
    How hard can it be?

Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada.
    Hi Eric

I am about 4 mountain ranges and one big huge Sound (Howe Sound) to the northwest of you. HOWEVER I was raised in school in Nelson B.C., got married in Couer d'Alene Idaho and hunted the Waterton/Cranbrook/Fernie area for many years. If I happen to be heading your way - not a farout possibility btw - I will msg you and maybe we could meet up somewhere for a yak (not in YAHK B.C., though please!) and a coffee. I travel a LOT every summer. X-Canada in 2010, Inuvik/Dempster Hwy 2011, Alaska 2012, and so on. I pretty well always do the National Parks but would love to see and explore Waterton parks on both sides of the border. Keep in touch!
    BCGuy
    2010 Silver JLX CVT AWD
    New-to-me April 23, 2013!

Hey Ale, could you re-post this in my new thread OFF-ROAD MODS please?
    Very nice of you to compile this list of stuff - a lot of which I have already ordered!
    BCGuy
    2010 Silver JLX CVT AWD

I am about 4 mountain ranges and one big huge Sound (Howe Sound) to the northwest of you.
    Oh, that's not too far then, lol.

Definitely keep in touch, i'm always exploring the parks and trails up and down the divide. Love that crown though, probably my favorite place so far.

Heck no, that's not far! Heh heh heh... just put 'er in Drive, set the 9 speaker stereo to hum a tune or three and Voila` I'm there!
    Haven't heard of the crown - but am intrigued! Stay tuned....
    BCGuy
    2010 Silver JLX CVT AWD

Haven't heard of the crown - but am intrigued! Stay tuned....
    The Crown of the Continent represents the largest intact ecosystem in the United Sates: the list of plant and animal species living here has remained unchanged since the time of the Lewis and Clark expedition. Within its 10-million-acre embrace lie Glacier-Waterton International Peace Park, the Bob Marshall Wilderness Complex, and the headwaters of three of North America's great rivers.

Thank you for the Data! Is there any Data on "Spacers" ?

and Where/How "Zacs Light Bar" was purchase or bent ?

I know it's old, can't see these pics, as much as I'd love to... of the rack...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HallZen; January 10th, 2019 at 06:39 PM.