Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Chinese GPS for Suzuki SX4....new 8" version? Anyone try?

Quote Originally Posted by josh_sx4 View Post
    I found it almost impossible to use this radio for FM and AM tuning. I checked my antenna wire multiple times and couldn't get it to lock onto some of the strongest local AM stations.
    There is a thread on this issue somewhere (i think on this forum) -- talking about radio reception being terrible because of a common problem where power is not being provided to the antenna line with these head units.

I had to disconnect my chinese head unit and follow the tutorial that that thread discussed to splice in one of the wires to provide power to the antenna and it fixed the problem.
    2008 sx4 awd auto hatch touring

Ok i found my long thread on my experiences installing chinese android head unit it is here:
    http://clubsx4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6446

On the second page of that thread I talk about AM radio problem, and about how I solved it following this tutorial:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2076
    2008 sx4 awd auto hatch touring

Hey mate,

Do you have any pic of how you mounted the camera? I'm looking at doing a head unit install this weekend and haven't figured a best way. I have a hatch too. Also any tips re routing wiring from reversing light over to where the cam is mounted etc?
    2012 SX4 FWD CVT Hatch
    Roma, Qld, Australia

Who's camera mounting? Mine?

Quote Originally Posted by phantomrt View Post
    Who's camera mounting? Mine?
    Sorry I meant sx4mouse. But if you've installed a reversing camera on a hatch, I'll be happy to see/hear how you did it.
    2012 SX4 FWD CVT Hatch
    Roma, Qld, Australia

I like it priced here better

With some help from some forum members, I solved the radio reception issues. Yeah, the car has an antenna amplifier that needs to be powered up. It was simple--just connect the power antenna wire to the White/Green wire on the car's harness. Simple. Now the reception is... actually very good.