Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to replace fog light bulb

If you pull the bumper and cut out the plastic do the bulb can come out, do the fog lights stay aimed in and not vibrate?

If you pull the bumper and cut out the plastic do the bulb can come out, do the fog lights stay aimed in and not vibrate?

At the risk of bringing the dead to life, after 6 years I tackled and finished changing out the fog lamp bulbs. My experience is to order those new plastic clips up front, because I ended up cutting them all off to get the old fog out. They are still available from suzukicarparts.com, these 6 pieces of plastic cost $45 bucks, but I got them in like 4 days.

I put in some LED Bulbs Sealight H11 LED X001VITKEN, that I got off Amazon. The only mod I had to make is the heat sink is too big so you have to roto zip out the housing, so the heat sink fits. Bulbs are much whiter, brighter, haven't tried them at night.

I accessed them through the front fender shroud, and removed portions of the lower bumper shroud, where the fender shroud screws onto. About 5 push clips, and 3 screws per side, and then grab and pull the fender shroud, and tuck it behind the tire. It helped to have the front end jacked way up on stands, so you can turn the wheel to "hold" the fender liner out of your way.

As a bonus, I changed out the LED head light bulbs for Sealight 9007 LED X001V1W7HP. These were simply plug and play, they designed them with a plastic doughnut that is retained by the light retainer, then the bulb slides through from the back, 1/8 turn and it locks into place. The big thing these lights have is actual high and low beam. I can't say they are overwhelmingly powerful, but the beam shines much better than the last set of LED's. I got bright lighted everywhere with the old beams, these are 10x better.

These could be changed out by the side of the road in 10 seconds, if you have a spare pair, so if you are "burning out bulbs', buy 2 sets, plug in one, and then keep the spares in the car. Unplug, 1/8 turn and reverse and you're back in business.IMG_20190202_150535.jpgIMG_20190204_073848.jpgIMG_20190202_151430.jpg
    2012 SX4 Crossover black 6 speed tech package. Mods to follow