Thread: manual transmission oil change...

manual transmission oil change...

My car has 25000 kms and the dealer is asking me if I would like to change transmission oil... ( 2010 m6 sx4 sport sedan)

My manual says for canadian users:

normal condition: level inspection at 50 000km or change if non-suzuki transmission oil... and change it at 150 000 clicks...

Heavy condition : level inspection at 25 000km or change if non-suzuki transmission oil... ( I don't get it, my car was new from the dealer) and replacement recommanded at 75 000 kms

I'd personnally wait till 50 000 kms but feel unsure...

i'd go with 50 000 too. my 09 schedule says change every 25 000 in heavy uses, no level checks or anything. maybe suzuki changed their oils in 2010 with the new 6 speed.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have changed my manual oil after 5K miles with a high grade synthetic. It will feel better and protect the delicate synchros.

gear oil

The dealer changed my 6 speed trans gear oil at 25000 km. After reading about the GL4 GL5 dispute, I decided not to take any chances and changed to Amsoil MTG full syntheic GL4 gear oil. It works well and the 6 speed shifts very smoothly!!

I put Redline synthetic in my 2011 six speed, because I wanted a synthetic for winter driving, and I could not find an Amsoil that was close to Suzuki's specifications. Shifting improved: smoother.