Thread: is the rotrex supercharger a rumor or for real

is the rotrex supercharger a rumor or for real

???

Looks like if you live in Europe, drive a 1.5 powered SX4, and can talk them into making another kit then you are all set.

http://www.rotrex.com/Home.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5jmalSwSG8

A rotrex supercharger would be nice. Kraftwerks makes some really nice kits for Honda's and Mazda's.

Up here at 6500+ Feet would be soooooo nice to have a supercharger! im not willing to blow $5k on a turbo...
    RRO lift, white headlights, black tails, glass-pac, NRG Ground Wire kit, DIY intake, BFG AT 215/70's

The biggest issue with a supercharger for the SX4 is placement, the only ideal spot is right over the header on the passenger side. There is room and with the parts and tuning it can run and fine. I think you could see 200 HP from a supercharger kit but it will cost close to the RRM turbo kit that runs more power.
    I am the Angel of Death for Automotive companies in the US, I have owned a Saturn and a Suzuki.

It is
    legitimate to compare my Suzuki SX4 to a Ferrari; Italian Designed, Superb engineering, and she burnt to the ground in a blaze of oil and carbon fiber glory.

Looking at it you are looking at $2000 for the C15-60 series supercharger that you would need for the SX4. With fuel controller, intercooler, pipping and associated parts you are looking at another $1000. Install and tune are going to cost (unless you can work that yourself). All said and done you are down $3000-4500, not far from a turbo kit on the high end.
    I am the Angel of Death for Automotive companies in the US, I have owned a Saturn and a Suzuki.

It is
    legitimate to compare my Suzuki SX4 to a Ferrari; Italian Designed, Superb engineering, and she burnt to the ground in a blaze of oil and carbon fiber glory.

the only thing with a supercharger vs a turbo charger, I want that low end power for the mountains. I do a lot of driving in the hills of Colorado. The turbo is good for higher end power. I have owned both turbo cars and some supercharged cars. love superchargers!
    RRO lift, white headlights, black tails, glass-pac, NRG Ground Wire kit, DIY intake, BFG AT 215/70's

depend on pressure, turbine size... how much tq you think the new jetta tdi does? 250lb... and it's not at 4000 rpms.. lol restriction in the turboback is also something a fast spooling turbo doesn't whant...

it's all about setup... and else.