Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Tire reviews - sticky?

My wife has just put some 225/40/18 Pirelli P1's on her 2008 SX4. It also has H&R lowered springs.

She is trying very hard to find the limits of grip

Next stop rear sway bar

My stock Bridgestone Turanzas on my 2014 SX4 lasted 49,000 miles (yes, I know; I have gotten older, and drive more conservatively) before I replaced them with stock sized General Altimax RT43's. These were the best tires I have ever owned. Great handling on wet or dry corners, and with a lot of freeway miles, I finally replaced them after 72,000 miles. I spent less than $400 on a second set of General Altimax RT43's at Walmart.com.
    The Black Pearl
    I sold my 2007 SX4 and replaced it with a 2012 SX4!

205/55R 17 Dunlop SP Sport FM800. Fantastic in the wet, great turn in, quiet, fuel efficient. Highly recommended

Summer sticky tires???? Best bang for the buck and if you want to change out wheels to wider ones and larger size Firestone Firehawk Indy500 hands down.

Not too pricey, way overkill for a SX4 but makes the car handle great and also has wet traction also. I run 245/45/17 size on 8" wide Konig Ultraform wheels at all 4 corners.

For the other 3 seasons I mount up Toyo Celsius all weather tires in the factory size but I use steel Mazda 3 wheels since they are slightly wider (6.5" vs. 6") and they do a decent job in wet weather and icy/snowy roads.

Tony
    T. Chan
    10 SX4 6sp AWD, 17 CX-3 AWD
    09 Z06, 13 Shelby GT500

Last month, I put Continental ContiProContact's on my SX4. So far, I'm quite impressed with their grip, especially in dry roads. I don’t drive aggressively but I can say that their wet performance is acceptable. These continental tires provide a smooth ride and low road noise.

Firehawk indy 500.
    AWD 2013. CVT. Custom SRI w/Apollo, RRM Crank Pulley, RRM piggyback ecu, Custom 2.25 Flowmaster exhaust, RRM Front/Rear Swaybars, Megan Racing Coilovers, Techna-fit brake lines, AC bypass, Projector HID retrofit.

On a sx4 sport sedan
    Over the last 4 years, I drove on the michelin's pilot sport A/S3. If the car was sensitive to crosswinds, it made the car so stable over windy conditions compared to the original bridgestone. these allowed the car to be very responsive to the steering input. wet conditions, they were very good too. Dry handling and quiet were also very nice. braking distances were pretty short and stable. Since they increased the price so much in such few years, I won't buy another set. The car is now almost 9 years old and it is now time to be a little more modest on the rubber spending.

So I decided to give a shot at the cooper zeon rs-3 G-1 all season tire for next summer season. I will probably install them on the car in 2 weeks from now. Reviews are not so bad. But they don't have the rim protection that the michelin AS-3 had. And probably, the stiffness of these won't be a match to the michelin. Considering the price gap, almost 40$ a tire, I think I will live with that.

Fitted Michelin Primacy 4 (215/50R17) and they are brilliant. Best all round summer tyre on the market