PDA

View Full Version : Former Suzuki dealer gets sent up the river

socarboy99
February 11th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I saw an article on the Automotive News website where former Minnesota dealer,
Denny Hecker, got caught "cooking the numbers" on loan applications. Hecker had as many as 26 dealerships (including a Suzuki store) in the Minnesota region in his heyday.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110210/RETAIL07/110219979/1142

mbs1
February 12th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Looks to me that he decided to retire? :rolleyes:

markolson
February 12th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Funny you should mention Denny. We think he may be coming here to my home city of Duluth to serve his time. We have "Camp Walk Away" here, a federal prison that is in base housing for our long defunct air base. Probably heard it was the best prison in the USA - everyone is on their honor to stay around - no bars except a few blocks from the base that the prisoners wander off to from time to time.

socarboy99
February 12th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Funny you should mention Denny. We think he may be coming here to my home city of Duluth to serve his time. We have "Camp Walk Away" here, a federal prison that is in base housing for our long defunct air base. Probably heard it was the best prison in the USA - everyone is on their honor to stay around - no bars except a few blocks from the base that the prisoners wander off to from time to time.

In other words a "country club"...figures. Too bad he can't have a cell mate named "Big Bubba".

Balansero
February 12th, 2011, 05:09 PM
In other words a "country club"...figures. Too bad he can't have a cell mate named "Big Bubba".

To play mom and dad every night? :oye:

Gloryhound
February 13th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Bubba knows how to play euchre really well. Not so great at hearts.

Glory

Brumbie13
February 13th, 2011, 05:50 PM
That made me remember the best experience I ever had in a car dealership.

I was a missionary at the time in a suburb of Kingston, ON and we had to get some work done one our car.
We were told to bring the car to the local Chevy dealer for the service.

We went to Jerome Taylor's GM dealership.
It was one of the most visual dealerships around, because it was advertised a lot, and the dealer decals they put on the back of the cars they sold (I hate those, btw) were HUGE.

I will never forget that day.
It was in the late Spring of 2006.

We dropped the car off, and were sitting waiting for the work to be done.
This magnificent car pulled up, and parked right in the middle of the lot.
Out stepped out a very old, tall, bald, way too tan guy who had gold rings on every finger, a couple gold chains around his neck, and the most hideous suit I have ever seen in my life.
We laughed, knowing he was the owner.

He started walking around the dealership, the lot, the floor, and then the area where we were sitting, waiting for our car.
We were the only ones in the waiting area, and so we knew he was coming to us.
Business owners aren't always... the most polite to missionaries, and sometimes they would even kick us out of their stores (they either worry that we'll try to talk religion to other customers and annoy the customers, or they just don't like our religion and don't want us around.)
I was a little nervous to come face to face with this guy, I didn't want to be kicked out while we were waiting for our car.

He came up with the biggest smile, points to himself and asks in a big raspy voice, "Do you know who the bald guy is?"
"You're Jerome Taylor," I replied.
"How'd you know?"
"I've seen your billboards all around town, and we saw you pull up in that amazing car over there."

After that, he tried to get us to buy a car, but we told him we didn't have any money, were volunteers, and that the church owned the fleet of vehicles.
Then he asked about what life was like for missionaries, and we told him a bit about what we did.
After a few minutes he said goodbye and walked somewhere else in the dealership.

He was polite, energetic, and charismatic.
After meeting him, I knew instantly how he was able to build a business like a car dealership and have it so successful.
He was as nice as could be.

I just looked him up and saw that half a year later, in Nov. 2006, he passed away.
It appears from the write-up (http://www.taylorautomall.com/contactus/taylortalk.aspx) they have on their website that he was a happy, loving family man.
I hope he had a life full of good times and no regrets when he passed away.

http://www.taylorautomall.com/Portals/233/Taylor_phone.jpg

Cheers Jerome Taylor, may you rest in peace.
:drinks:

Mrs_Suicide
February 13th, 2011, 06:13 PM
makes ya wish they were all that nice huh! :)