PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers and the winter?

K-9
February 2nd, 2011, 01:47 PM
Okay I want to drop my car in the summer and raise to back up close to stock in the winter. Does it throw your camber off a lot doing this? I could imagine a little or is it just better to keep it one height? Keep it somewhere in the middle? First time for me putting full adjustable coilovers on a car usually just put lowing springs.

anonymous
February 2nd, 2011, 02:08 PM
you will have to re-align the wheels once the ride height is back up. and if your dropping the car more than 1.8'' i think it was, RRM even mentioned getting new camber bolts, which they have on their site for like 80 bucks i think.

you can do it for sure, not sure if youll get true stock ride height again, i guess it depends on what coilover system you get :hi: i plan on doing it regardless, and keeping it low all year round...then again, with a new car on the way, i guess i dont really care if the thing blows up neither :rolleyes:

mcmuda
February 2nd, 2011, 02:09 PM
you will have to re-align the wheels once the ride height is back up. and if your dropping the car more than 1.8'' i think it was, RRM even mentioned getting new camber bolts, which they have on their site for like 80 bucks i think.

you can do it for sure, not sure if youll get true stock ride height again, i guess it depends on what coilover system you get :hi: i plan on doing it regardless, and keeping it low all year round...then again, with a new car on the way, i guess i dont really care if the thing blows up neither :rolleyes:

You can get a pair of camber bolts over at Tirerack.com for $20. I think they're SPC? something like that.

anonymous
February 2nd, 2011, 02:12 PM
You can get a pair of camber bolts over at Tirerack.com for $20. I think they're SPC? something like that.

good find :) i would recommend ordering your coilovers from rrm, as ebay can pose issues with return's or warranty problems, rrm ftw!

Schultzey
February 2nd, 2011, 02:14 PM
Each time you change the height of your suspension you would need to get an alignment to prevent abnormal tire wear due to the camber and toe changes. I have chosen to keep my coilovers at one height.

anonymous
February 2nd, 2011, 02:29 PM
Each time you change the height of your suspension you would need to get an alignment to prevent abnormal tire wear due to the camber and toe changes. I have chosen to keep my coilovers at one height.

FA SHO!!! figured that was the case if you changed the suspension geometry and shiiiiizz :)

K-9
February 2nd, 2011, 03:35 PM

Or a $20 camber bolt kit. its the same one i would need for a eclipse and like 60 other cars. just look on tire rack. O wait i have one laying around :P

Think ill just keep my awd talon for my winter beater and keep my sx4 low to the ground.

anonymous
February 2nd, 2011, 03:41 PM
great idea!!! i cant wait for the shocks to go, ima get coilovers and its gunna be sexy :hi:

Die trying
February 3rd, 2011, 05:41 AM
Okay I want to drop my car in the summer and raise to back up close to stock in the winter. Does it throw your camber off a lot doing this? I could imagine a little or is it just better to keep it one height? Keep it somewhere in the middle? First time for me putting full adjustable coilovers on a car usually just put lowing springs.

i'm not sure how high or low you can adjust the coilovers you are looking at but if you put the coilovers on with the RRO lift kit you would be able to go with a lift or drop as you see fit.

chrisrunsi
February 3rd, 2011, 11:01 AM
i'm not sure how high or low you can adjust the coilovers you are looking at but if you put the coilovers on with the RRO lift kit you would be able to go with a lift or drop as you see fit.

That is my plan after the 3 yr 36k warranty is over :-D

mcmuda
February 3rd, 2011, 11:34 AM
SPC Camber bolt:

Manufacturer Part #: 81250

here's the link (hope it works): http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=SPC&model=EZ+Cam+Bolt+Pair&group=EZ+Cam+Bolt+Pair&partNum=SPC81250&autoMake=Suzuki&autoModel=SX4+Sport+Sedan&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=Touring