PDA

View Full Version : Best Mod I Have found Yet! ETC.

K-9
February 2nd, 2011, 04:54 AM
Ok so I was looking the web over and was looking at a sprint booster to give my throttle some more response. Yes they do work they work great. Have a friend with Honda si and and another one with a evo x. Both of them said it was like a different car. Also if your not happy with it the send you your money back.

But I found this. PIVOT 3 DRIVE FLAT THROTTLE CONTROLLER (http://www.pivotracing.com/product/THF) Just select the Harness 1A+ and it plug and play for the sx4.

Here is more info on it.

http://www.pivotracing.com/files/1995247/uploaded/3-drive_catalog-e.pdf

Will be getting one here in a week. I will report my findings.

K-9,
OUT!!!

Vincine
February 2nd, 2011, 05:21 AM
GOOD tires! :)

K-9
February 2nd, 2011, 05:28 AM
GOOD tires! :)

What? My DWS's

Die trying
February 2nd, 2011, 06:07 AM
this was looked at on the other forum...

http://sx4club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8152&highlight=pivot

as I recall there were issues with it causing a check engine light.

Speedlvr
February 2nd, 2011, 07:10 AM
Always thought these were bogus: "Will not improve 0-60mph time......". So to me it just sounds like a "it feels faster" thing.JMO

EastCoastSX4
February 2nd, 2011, 09:55 AM
Always thought these were bogus: "Will not improve 0-60mph time......". So to me it just sounds like a "it feels faster" thing.JMO

+1
All sprint boosters do are move the full throttle position from the floor up a bit closer...
You can be your own sprint booster by just slamming on the pedal...

K-9
February 2nd, 2011, 10:00 AM

Have any prof or is that just word of mouth?

Like i said ill be getting it here soon and I'll report my findings.

Die trying
February 2nd, 2011, 10:06 AM
k9 did you read the thread by Jack Straw? I remember him having problems and being dissatisfied with the pivot. I would hate to see you get burned on this.

edit: Jack did not test a pivot, he tested a pivot clone. he get a CEL during testing.

where the heck is jack anyway?

K-9
February 2nd, 2011, 10:19 AM
Its only 250 and not that bad plug it in do my testing if I don't like it. Ill return it or sell it on ebay. I know the sprint booster worked on my friends cars. but will see about this thing.

EDIT: btw this is a new one where now they have the plug and play harness that will work with are cars, but will have to wait and see.

anonymous
February 2nd, 2011, 10:45 AM
i remember jack straw having issues with one of these things, i dont mind em, i just wouldnt want the hastle of throwing more lights, im already throwing enough of them :rolleyes:

Darrenf
February 2nd, 2011, 11:02 AM
where the heck is jack anyway?

He pops in from time to time.

ced11
February 2nd, 2011, 01:06 PM
I have a Pivot installed. No problems whatsoever. Worth every penny and changes the characteristics of the vehicle on demand. See my reviews on the old forum. The unit that Jack was testing was not an original Pivot if I recall correctly, and that was most likely the root cause his error signals.
Purchased mine from Richard Cheah, (Mcwell Ventures, Singapore) though haven't seen him on this forum yet.

automat
February 2nd, 2011, 01:32 PM
what!!! a 250 part that won't do nothing? man......

All sprint boosters do are move the full throttle position from the floor up a bit closer...
You can be your own sprint booster by just slamming on the pedal...

exactly. the pedal is only a set of potentiometers. once you have your foot down they can only output theix maximum. the sprint booster will make your ECU think you're at WOT when you are only depressing the pedal 80% or so. and the throttle plate can only swing at x speed at a set maximum opening. it won't go any faster unless you put a bigger servo-motor on it. total crap

Vincine
February 2nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
What? My DWS's
?? No.

The 'Best Mod I Have found Yet! ETC.' are my "GOOD Tires!"

K-9
February 2nd, 2011, 02:37 PM
I have a Pivot installed. No problems whatsoever. Worth every penny and changes the characteristics of the vehicle on demand. See my reviews on the old forum. The unit that Jack was testing was not an original Pivot if I recall correctly, and that was most likely the root cause his error signals.
Purchased mine from Richard Cheah, (Mcwell Ventures, Singapore) though haven't seen him on this forum yet.

Thank you ced11 for your input.

?? No.

The 'Best Mod I Have found Yet! ETC.' are my "GOOD Tires!"

OOO i got you. could not think of a title so i put that. and that was to be a ? not a ! oops. just want some ideas on plug and play and bolt on mods have been finding more and more lately. Opp soon there will be some more options out there.

I have good tires. always the first thing i do to a car.