PDA

View Full Version : D2 Coilovers?

K-9
January 29th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Okay I'm looking at the coilovers and I was just wondering If anyone has pics of D2 set up on there car and under the car pictures. Mostly want to see the under car pics.

Does the D2s come with the rear camber kit like the Megan Racing ones do? Also are the D2s a aluminum construction or is it just the camber plates and upper pillow ball mounts are? Do the D2s rear set just one coilover or is it a strut and a spring like stock.

FFV4
January 29th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Okay I'm looking at the coilovers and I was just wondering If anyone has pics of D2 set up on there car and under the car pictures. Mostly want to see the under car pics.

Does the D2s come with the rear camber kit like the Megan Racing ones do? Also are the D2s a aluminum construction or is it just the camber plates and upper pillow ball mounts are? Do the D2s rear set just one coilover or is it a strut and a spring like stock.

hollys setup in the gallery on her page has D2 Coilovers, i highly recommend them. if they are sold out and wont be making another supply, next step would be megans, lower and more adjustable than the teins.

K-9
January 29th, 2011, 11:06 AM
You know if they make the rear on damper or is it a strut and spring like stock?

FFV4
January 29th, 2011, 11:19 AM
i believe it is a strut and spring like stock. again, i would check with holly on this one, as she actually owns and has them installed on her zuk.

SuperSX4
January 29th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Megans will outlast the D2's but if your not concerned with that then go for D2's. D2's are made alongside godspeed, Ksport, ect....

Megans are made alongside APEXi

by alongside i mean in the same factory and same parts. But im not knocking D2's because i have used them along with ksports and they worked very will with a good warranty too. They are serviceable in the US as well. The only lasted 2 years but that was 2 years of autoxing and drifting so they held up will in my book.

anonymous
January 29th, 2011, 07:07 PM
i think if i went with coilovers, i would go with megans, i dont know much about d2 so i wont speak for them, but with megan, the parts for replacement are much easier to obtain, as they have them on hand, rather than custom making every set, like mentioned before, def. get a hold of holli :hi:

that girl rolls on quite the sx4...

chief2001
January 30th, 2011, 06:56 PM
D2 are good, and a lot of subi guys use them for rallyx or autox and hold up well. D1mon uses them on his suzuki aerio and was very happy with them. I almost got some myself but I found the Ksports that I like more since they are what I am looking for. :)

anonymous
January 30th, 2011, 08:13 PM
if there are more sets of D2's when i buy coilovers, ill order the D2's, but if not, ill get megans, gotta have more drop :hi: FA SHO!

2010sx4sport6spd
January 30th, 2011, 09:40 PM
if there are more sets of D2's when i buy coilovers, ill order the D2's, but if not, ill get megans, gotta have more drop :hi: FA SHO!

Hey guys, what are the best adjustable suspension you can buy while still being easily attainable? I want to be able to have it dropped in summer and raised a bit higher than stock in winter(especially with all the dee snow we have had) Thanks for the help in advance....

Holly
January 31st, 2011, 07:50 AM
I have been running my D2's since August 2010, I am very happy with them.
I have my dampening setting on a little stiffer, but it still rides very smooth.

Here are 2 links from the old forum, with more info on my D2's...
when I first got them.....
http://www.sx4club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10009

installed...
http://www.sx4club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10248&highlight=Holly

hope that helps:)

- Holly

Holly
January 31st, 2011, 07:52 AM
Megans will outlast the D2's but if your not concerned with that then go for D2's. D2's are made alongside godspeed, Ksport, ect....
by alongside i mean in the same factory and same parts

D2 & Ksports share the same factory for the mounts, but shock inserts are different factories.

K-9
January 31st, 2011, 11:34 AM
I have been running my D2's since August 2010, I am very happy with them.
I have my dampening setting on a little stiffer, but it still rides very smooth.

Here are 2 links from the old forum, with more info on my D2's...
when I first got them.....
http://www.sx4club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10009

installed...
http://www.sx4club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10248&highlight=Holly

hope that helps:)

- Holly

Helped a lot but one more thing. Do they come with a front and rear camber adjustment hardware? Also where are the adjusters located? Are they on top for the front and rear?