PDA

View Full Version : turbo sx4 video?

My1stCar
January 26th, 2011, 06:41 PM
I dunno, says turbo, but even if its not look at the "carbonfiber" on the dash and stuff :D!

you be the judge lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDYq_LWOWJM

Darrenf
January 26th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Man that was painful.

Mandi
January 26th, 2011, 06:54 PM
He did a nice job with the CF! I like it!!

Speedlvr
January 26th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Like the CF ideas thrown into the mix.

@DarrenF : painful indeed :hi:

Schultzey
January 26th, 2011, 07:42 PM
It is a turbo. The emblem on the passenger dash proves it. :P

jr40490
January 26th, 2011, 08:03 PM
don't like it.....and not turbo

mcmuda
January 26th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Poor SX4..

02C2
January 26th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Can't tell if that's actual carbon fiber or stickers... kinda looks like stickers. WTF is up with the tire pressure blinking?

Mrs_Suicide
January 26th, 2011, 10:30 PM
i like the CF... my car has some CF on the interior... like along the door panels and the shifter but thats it.

Mandi
January 26th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Can't tell if that's actual carbon fiber or stickers... kinda looks like stickers. WTF is up with the tire pressure blinking?

Those would have to be stickers. I was wondering the same thing about the tire pressure.

Mrs_Suicide
January 26th, 2011, 10:34 PM

my tire pressure light blinks... :( its annoying.. well it only blinks for the first few minutes and then it just stays solid. and MY cf is real :D oh and I have CF on the hood too! :)

Mandi
January 26th, 2011, 10:40 PM
We bought real carbon fiber for a project we were doing under the hood pretty time consuming. You may have carbon fiber on the hood, but it came that way it would be difficult, and very time consuming to lay CF on the hood for someone who nothing about it laying in large proportions.

Mrs_Suicide
January 26th, 2011, 10:42 PM
well its actually just around the hood vents... so its a very small area... but it is real lol I can upload a pic :)

punksmurph
January 26th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I have never seen this Edmunds video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkytX2A1bO0

Mandi
January 26th, 2011, 10:48 PM
well its actually just around the hood vents... so its a very small area... but it is real lol I can upload a pic :)

That would be cool if you could do a thread in the gallery. It's always awesome to see what other people have done with their Zuk. I like the way CF looks. It's very slick!!

Mandi
January 26th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I have never seen this Edmunds video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkytX2A1bO0

I have never seen that either. Very Slick!!

2010sx4sport6spd
January 26th, 2011, 10:56 PM
I have never seen that either. Very Slick!!

i saw this one a few months ago...crazy that i seem to be the only one who has....slow zuk though the stock sx4 sport sedan 5spd was tested at 7.8 sec to 60 so not really that much of improvement...but this one is the awd version and prob has traction control also i dont think it was tuned much beyond adding the turbo and other bits

2010sx4sport6spd
January 26th, 2011, 10:58 PM
supposedly 220 whp but a full 1.5 seconds slower than an srt-4 neon which has a 2.4 turbo with aprox 230 at the wheels (over 260 at engine for the 2004+ w/standard lsd) note: srt-4 has the same size wheels and tires as the sport sx4 205/50-17 and it has a 5spd manual(which also has short first gear like our zuks mt's)...also my best friend has one i've driven it but prefer the zuk over it :D the clutch in the dodge sucks its too heavy and requires you to fully depress it to floor...the shifter is clunky too...

Mandi
January 26th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Still the RRM HB is a slick looking ride!!

2010sx4sport6spd
January 26th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Still the RRM HB is a slick looking ride!!

yes it is...and has so much more potential than this video lets on! i love it except for the headlights...look up the picture where someone photoshopped stock units in it looks even better! =)

punksmurph
January 27th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Also the wheels on the Zuk are 19's and it has a heavy steel roll cage in it as well as the big steel piece on the floor in the rear. That car was heavy with all the looks stuff and the carbon fiber on it did not really off set it any.

mcmuda
January 27th, 2011, 01:02 AM
my tire pressure light blinks... :( its annoying.. well it only blinks for the first few minutes and then it just stays solid. and MY cf is real :D oh and I have CF on the hood too! :)

That means the TPMS system is malfunctioning. Mine does it too occasionally. Found the answer in teh manual! :D

2010sx4sport6spd
January 27th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Also the wheels on the Zuk are 19's and it has a heavy steel roll cage in it as well as the big steel piece on the floor in the rear. That car was heavy with all the looks stuff and the carbon fiber on it did not really off set it any.

yes, and as someone at rrm said (i think)...it wasn't set up for all out speed....thanks punksmurph!

Mrs_Suicide
January 27th, 2011, 09:40 AM
That means the TPMS system is malfunctioning. Mine does it too occasionally. Found the answer in teh manual! :D

I don't have an owners manual :( lol

2010sx4sport6spd
January 27th, 2011, 10:08 AM
I don't have an owners manual :( lol

ah sad face... order one off the internet...maybe they have one in pdf format so you can put on an e-reader or ipad?

The Jesuit
January 27th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Might not be a turbo, but that road looks familiar...on the way to Rincon maybe; and that music, I like it; anybody know who the group is?

punksmurph
January 27th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Might not be a turbo, but that road looks familiar...on the way to Rincon maybe; and that music, I like it; anybody know who the group is?

No way that car is a turbo, every turbo SX4 is loud, even mine with the cats on it was just crazy loud. It is the open piping and turbo that just add to the already loud engine noise you get in the car.

automat
January 27th, 2011, 12:05 PM
ah really? mine is quieter than stock. turbos are good mufflers you know:hi:

2010sx4sport6spd
January 27th, 2011, 12:09 PM
ah really? mine is quieter than stock. turbos are good mufflers you know:hi:

hey automat, how's your car holdin up? any vids?

automat
January 27th, 2011, 01:00 PM
no vids yet, sorry. maybe next summer I can put out a vid with a few friends go-pro cams :D

Wolfe787
April 21st, 2011, 07:03 PM
MALDITA SEA LA MADRE QUE FRIKIN VERGUENZA ME DA SER DE PUERTO RICO! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

translate: DAMN THE MOTHER! I AM SO EMBARASED TO BE FROM PUERTO RICO! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

yea... shet happens here :(
puertoricans always try to look the extra mile.... lame

jr40490
April 21st, 2011, 07:33 PM
MALDITA SEA LA MADRE QUE FRIKIN VERGUENZA ME DA SER DE PUERTO RICO! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

translate: DAMN THE MOTHER! I AM SO EMBARASED TO BE FROM PUERTO RICO! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

yea... shet happens here :(
puertoricans always try to look the extra mile.... lame
ajaja full cuando yo vi esa mierda me dio hasta bochorno de tener un sx4 por un momento....solo se ve aqui