PDA

View Full Version : We need a google cache army!!!

Brumbie13
November 20th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Hey everyone.
Since the old forum is down, and we might not ever get it back, we might have lost a lot of the material we have collected over the past 4+ years.

However, there is a way to recover a lot of the most important threads.

If you do a Google Search for SX4Club, you will see a lot of our most popular threads come up. If you click on them, they will bring you to a "page not found" page. However, on the Google search, there is an option on the bottom right side of Google searches that says [cached]. If you click on that, it will give you a version of the thread that Google stored on their own servers.

We need your help.
If you can go through in your spare time and find some of these excellent posts, and copy and paste them into new threads here, we can collect a lot of data back into this forum.

I'll be working on it, and I know others will as well, but the more we get done, the more we all benefit. And we don't have forever. Remember, Google archives things according to their popularity, the longer the other forum is down, the less popular it will become, and the less likely we all are to find cached threads by searching Google.

So let's all work together to find the best of the information we had before!

Thanks!
-Brumbie13

Mandi
November 20th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I cached SX4 Beginings, and pulled it up. What do I do now?

Brumbie13
November 20th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Take the information on that thread, and make a new thread here with that information.
It'll take some work, but it will give us our most important threads back.

mcmuda
November 20th, 2010, 03:42 PM
I'll get on that as soon as I'm done with my school stuff. AHHH SOo much info on there omg.

Die trying
November 20th, 2010, 04:04 PM
OK now that the old forum just rose from the dead should we make this a mirror so we never lose the data again?

Wyliec
November 20th, 2010, 04:31 PM
I just tried loggin in there, good ol' Brumbie is backing it up as I type! Hooray!

Angry Panda
November 20th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I'm gonna let my old show and tell thread die. Too much work (and I won't feel as bad when I don't get around to updating enough). Man I'm glad we have a new place!

rob

The Jesuit
November 21st, 2010, 04:03 AM
How do you backup an entire forum?