PDA

View Full Version : RRM Prices Argument - Taken from the Stainless Steel Header thread

Mack Zilla
January 15th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Bad for the community? They run a monopoly on parts and charge a lot for it - a little competition would be good. The price states this: they are more capitalistic then they are automotive entusiasts'.

anonymous
January 15th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Bad for the community? They run a monopoly on parts and charge a lot for it - a little competition would be good. The price states this: they are more capitalistic then they are automotive entusiasts'.

a little competition is good. but in no way they should be labeled as running a monopoly. they make and carry quality parts. and quite frankly ide rather have parts made right, than at a lower grade just to be priced competitively. the price states this: **** sitting on shelves takes up inventory and overhead, and they also pay a premium for quality materials. i guess you must have forgot about their numerous amounts of podium finishes and endless support to even the dumbest of people on these message boards even after those very same people trash talked them.

Mack Zilla
January 16th, 2011, 01:30 PM
a little competition is good. but in no way they should be labeled as running a monopoly. they make and carry quality parts. and quite frankly ide rather have parts made right, than at a lower grade just to be priced competitively. the price states this: **** sitting on shelves takes up inventory and overhead, and they also pay a premium for quality materials. i guess you must have forgot about their numerous amounts of podium finishes and endless support to even the dumbest of people on these message boards even after those very same people trash talked them.

No, I didn't forget I just wasn't here. Let me present something for you to think about: I have a local friend that's started his own company producing v8 turbo kits. The R&D was done by another friend that works for Honeywell (Garrett turbo???). They have produced these kits that are now made in mass, they contain 5x the stainless steel and quality welds, and have proven mutliple applications upwards of 600hp. You can damn near buy the kit (big downpipe, crossover, 2x 4-1 headers, intercooler) for what you could for two headers from RRM. I will play devils advocate and you can be the fanboy. Where's the cost driving their price? Give me a viable excuse.

Schultzey
January 16th, 2011, 01:42 PM
No, I didn't forget I just wasn't here. Let me present something for you to think about: I have a local friend that's started his own company producing v8 turbo kits. The R&D was done by another friend that works for Honeywell (Garrett turbo???). They have produced these kits that are now made in mass, they contain 5x the stainless steel and quality welds, and have proven mutliple applications upwards of 600hp. You can damn near buy the kit (big downpipe, crossover, 2x 4-1 headers, intercooler) for what you could for two headers from RRM. I will play devils advocate and you can be the fanboy. Where's the cost driving their price? Give me a viable excuse.

The low demand is the variable driving the costs up.

Mack Zilla
January 16th, 2011, 01:50 PM
The low demand is the variable driving the costs up.

Well said Shultzey, I agree but this is where they should arguably boost sales with low cost group purchases and insentives like part-packages. I got my car to daily drive so I don't put mileage on my track car. However I would modify fuel economy parts like intake, exhaust, ignition, maybe manifolds if they priced to move. For now it just stays stock. With the prices the opportunity cost in modifying for mileage isn't there, it wouldn't pay off for quite some time.

Mandi
January 16th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I agree that low demand causes RRM to have higher prices. However our exhaust guy has no demand for SX4 headers, and the cost for him to make us a stainless steal header is less than what we paid for RRM. A little competetion would be great, but we are happy there is atleast one company out there suppling aftermarket parts for the SX4. Yes the prices are a little high, but I have no room to complain considering we spent the money to get the products.

anonymous
January 16th, 2011, 02:16 PM
you can be the fanboy.

Badass! I love being labeled the fanboy :cool: if only he knew...

Maiden69
January 16th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I agree that low demand causes RRM to have higher prices. However our exhaust guy has no demand for SX4 headers, and the cost for him to make us a stainless steal header is less than what we paid for RRM. A little competetion would be great, but we are happy there is atleast one company out there suppling aftermarket parts for the SX4. Yes the prices are a little high, but I have no room to complain considering we spent the money to get the products.

This is always going to be the case. The situation with RRM is that they outsource, they are not the ones building the header... if you were going to buy the header from the guy that sells to RRM the price will be considerably cheaper. No need to mark up to make a profit, pay for delivery or the guy that you sent 2 hrs to go get the part, etc... I made the header for my Suzuki SA310, not stainless, but regular steel for less than 1/2 the price of the header I could buy ($75 back in 1991), materials was close to 30, my labor was free... but that was a simple 3-1 header. I want to make a 4-2-1 for our car, there is plenty of space if you keep the top runners about the size that the factoty one is (almost as equal as RRM's) and the dual extend to where the first cat ends turning to 1... once I get my MIG, we will see! But even with that I bought the RRM, it is a good piece, I wish it was ceramic rather than nickel plated, but...

Brumbie13
January 16th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Your friend and his friend make and sell $800 complete turbo kits for high capacity v8 sports cars? :hmmm:

I have my doubts, but I'll take the bait.
Can you please link us to information on his company?
A company name? An address? A website?
I'd love to see the specs on this setup.

You can name call if you want, but I'll play the part of the fanboy and we'll see how this ends up.

Does your friend have to pay for significant warehouse space?
-- RRM has to have enough room to store several vehicles at one time, as well as work on several vehicles at one time, as well as store all of their inventory. RRM sells almost 800 unique pieces of equipment, it all has to go somewhere. Oh yeah, and in case you weren't aware, it is just a tad more expensive to rent warehouse space in LA than in Ohio.

Does your friend have to pay several employees?
-- RRM does. From what I gather, RRM employs anywhere from 4-7 people at a time. That's 4-7 highly skilled mechanics/fabricators whose families rely on their income. These aren't minimum wage guys. RRM has to pay these people what they are worth, or they will go somewhere where they can make better money. And again, these skills are worth a lot more in LA than in Ohio.

Does your friend have to spend considerable amounts of money advertising?
-- I can remember seeing Road Race advertisements in car magazines several years before I ever dealt with them. I couldn't say how much it costs to run an ad in a popular magazine, but I'm guessing it is very expensive. A couple different representatives from RRM also frequent several forums. It doesn't cost anything, but RRM is paying their representatives to come online and advertise. They also have a professional website, and have to pay someone to maintain that.

Does your friend offer full support for his products?
-- If I have a problem with an install, I can call RRM and one of their mechanics/fabricators will stop what they are doing and walk me through my problem. Does your friend do that for his customers? How many aftermarket companies will have the person who designed the product walk you through an install over the phone?
-- Sure, people have had problems with RRM, but RRM has also gone out of their way to help fix many of those problems. RRM's ONLY request has always been that if someone has a problem, to go to RRM, or to call them up to get it resolved. For the people who have followed RRM's request, we have seen positive feedback about getting the problem resolved.

RRM's prices can be summed up in two attributes:
- Overhead
- Quantities

I cringe when I see people try to compare the cost of Honda aftermarket parts to RRM Suzuki aftermarket parts. None of those people seem to realize that Honda sells more cars every month than Suzuki sells every year.

Aftermarket manufacturers can get mass produced inexpensive pieces from China when they make huge orders, such as orders of 2,000 units or more. This is easy to do for people making parts for Hondas. Those companies are buying 2,000 headers at $40 a piece, and selling them here for a "great deal" at $150.
Well, what would RRM do with 2,000 headers? The headers RRM came up with and sell are manufactured by other expensive companies in California. Their parts are expensive to make. So a header that would cost $40 to manufacture in China might cost $300 to manufacture here. Once again, because the companies manufacturing these parts have to pay for space, equipment, employees, advertising, support, etc. So Maybe RRM has this company build headers that cost RRM $300 a piece, and RRM sells them for $400. That doesn't make RRM a more money hungry company than the companies buying Chinese headers for $40 and selling them for $150, it just means that maybe we don't all have a good grasp on world economics.

I also see people arguing that their local mechanic can fabricate 1-off pieces for much cheaper than RRM can. But such arguments are always followed up with something like: "but they won't make SX4 parts because there is no market for them." BINGO! They just answered their own riddle. Your local mechanic can make parts, but he knows that the time, resources, research, space, advertisement, and support (ahem... overhead!) for his products wouldn't make selling them in small quantities worth it.

Well, RRM knows that too. But they also know that in this niche market, there are enough people who will buy high quality products to make manufacturing them worth it. What is the cost? Higher prices.

Are the prices unreasonable?
That's in the eye of the beholder.
They weren't unreasonable to me, or to PunkSmurph, or to the hundreds of other people who chose to spend their money on them.

You mentioned spending $15,000 on an early 90's Mustang in order to keep up with a Corvette. My guess is that you probably could have gotten an early 90's Corvette for the cost of the Mustang plus the $15,000 you spent on the Mustang.

To me, I would think your decision to be unwise, but I wouldn't degrade you for doing it.

The vehicles have different purposes.
Your mustang that you spent $15,000 making fast would kill the SX4 in a straight line.
But let's put that Mustang up against the SX4 in an extremely tight track with no long straightaways, and you might just be beaten by an AWD SX4.
And I'll put my SX4 against your Mustang on a winding gravel mountain road with cliff faces anyday.

"Expensive" is arbitrary. I think a Subaru is an expensive vehicle, I guarantee there's someone two blocks away from in a much more affluent area who thinks of Subaru as a cheap vehicle.
You may think paying $50 a month for cable isn't expensive considering all you get, but I don't watch TV, and I think that's a heck of a lot of money to pay for something I don't like.

But the difference between you and me is: I don't sit around telling people that I think they are Comcast "fanboys" for spending several hundred dollars a year on something I don't think is worth it. On the other hand, that is exactly what you are doing here.

You don't like RRM because their prices are too high. You don't have anything constructive to say about the company itself, you just don't like their prices.

We have a good vendor... not a perfect vendor... but a good one.
That right, ONE. We have ONE good vendor left...
All of our griping has scared the rest of them away.
We have one left, why treat the only vendor we haven't bullied off like crap?

You talk about their monopoly... well, I'd rather have their monopoly than have no manufacturer making parts for us.

I'm not against people having a problem with RRM if their problem is legit.
But I see too many examples of people griping for the sake of griping, and I think it needs to stop.

Maiden69
January 16th, 2011, 09:03 PM
If you read his post, the price is not for complete system, its for the 2 manifolds, down pipes and X-over pipe... so the price is not that bad for Stailess steel out of a shop. You are correct, the overhead prices are the ones that drives the prices high... and much more in a small company like RRM's.

anonymous
January 16th, 2011, 09:11 PM
+1 brumbie, thanks for that.

Mandi
January 16th, 2011, 11:11 PM
I also see people arguing that their local mechanic can fabricate 1-off pieces for much cheaper than RRM can. But such arguments are always followed up with something like: "but they won't make SX4 parts because there is no market for them." BINGO! They just answered their own riddle. Your local mechanic can make parts, but he knows that the time, resources, research, space, advertisement, and support (ahem... overhead!) for his products wouldn't make selling them in small quantities worth it.

Actually I wasn't arguing, but stating a simple fact that our exhaust guy of 2 years can make a better header for cheaper. There is no market for SX4 parts. If there were then we would have more companies to choose from. RIGHT? Instead all we have is RRM, and at cases in time Rock even states he can't make certian items unless a certian amount of people sign up for it.

We have purchased about $10,000 from RRM. They are the only company out there that does aftermarket for the Zuk. However if I find another company/ person that will do it for less, with better material then my friend no questions asked you know what our decision is. RRM is not a bad company. Their just the only company. We want are Zuk to look a certian way, and if we are paying then we want what we want, and will not settle for less.

There is is not alot of demand for the SX4. I live in Leesburg, FL, and I might see about 2 or 3 SX4's driving around. So I am all for other people/ companies making aftermarket parts for us. Not only will we have more of a selection, but the Suzuki SX4 name will get out to the public more.

Mack Zilla
January 17th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Your friend and his friend make and sell $800 complete turbo kits for high capacity v8 sports cars? :hmmm:

I have my doubts, but I'll take the bait.
Can you please link us to information on his company?
A company name? An address? A website?
I'd love to see the specs on this setup.

You can name call if you want, but I'll play the part of the fanboy and we'll see how this ends up.

Does your friend have to pay for significant warehouse space?
-- RRM has to have enough room to store several vehicles at one time, as well as work on several vehicles at one time, as well as store all of their inventory. RRM sells almost 800 unique pieces of equipment, it all has to go somewhere. Oh yeah, and in case you weren't aware, it is just a tad more expensive to rent warehouse space in LA than in Ohio.
No of course he doesn’t own a warehouse in a nice area of town, he runs it out of his basement in a low income-taxed region of Ohio.
Does your friend have to pay several employees?
-- RRM does. From what I gather, RRM employs anywhere from 4-7 people at a time. That's 4-7 highly skilled mechanics/fabricators whose families rely on their income. These aren't minimum wage guys. RRM has to pay these people what they are worth, or they will go somewhere where they can make better money. And again, these skills are worth a lot more in LA than in Ohio.
You can go ahead and compare our minimum wage to yours as well and see where you go. It’s not inversely related, I can tell you this much. We hillbillies in Ohio certainly do get paid according to what we’re worth. *******.
Does your friend have to spend considerable amounts of money advertising?
-- I can remember seeing Road Race advertisements in car magazines several years before I ever dealt with them. I couldn't say how much it costs to run an ad in a popular magazine, but I'm guessing it is very expensive. A couple different representatives from RRM also frequent several forums. It doesn't cost anything, but RRM is paying their representatives to come online and advertise. They also have a professional website, and have to pay someone to maintain that.
I suppose word of mouth and viral marketing should be looked down upon. If it worked for him, it was simply luck.
Does your friend offer full support for his products?
-- If I have a problem with an install, I can call RRM and one of their mechanics/fabricators will stop what they are doing and walk me through my problem. Does your friend do that for his customers? How many aftermarket companies will have the person who designed the product walk you through an install over the phone?
I would say it takes balls to offer a 1 year warranty on a product stated to handle abuse at 700hp levels. I’ve personally seen “thank you” on local forums because he traveled to a persons garage to turn wrenches with them.

I cringe when I see people try to compare the cost of Honda aftermarket parts to RRM Suzuki aftermarket parts. None of those people seem to realize that Honda sells more cars every month than Suzuki sells every year.
I said jack and **** about Honda. And jack left town.
I agree in the stupidity of these posts[/B]
You mentioned spending $15,000 on an early 90's Mustang in order to keep up with a Corvette. My guess is that you probably could have gotten an early 90's Corvette for the cost of the Mustang plus the $15,000 you spent on the Mustang.
You’re exactly right, I could have and it would be near stock and slow. Make no mistake, that 15 grand purchased a vehicle, changed every piece of suspension (I compared it to having ability to turn like a c5 vette) and outrun the hell out of one i.e. buslengths. There is a large difference between capability of a c4 lt1 and a c5 ls1, and a c6 ls7. I would place my salary that in a straight-line I could hurt a c6. That’s a story to be told, I blew up transmissions all last year.
But the difference between you and me is: I don't sit around telling people that I think they are Comcast "fanboys" for spending several hundred dollars a year on something I don't think is worth it. On the other hand, that is exactly what you are doing here.
You’re right, you took a different approach to being an *******. Mine was more straightforward and direct.

You don't like RRM because their prices are too high. You don't have anything constructive to say about the company itself, you just don't like their prices.
I did not mention I disliked them. I mentioned they could improve their prices.
You talk about their monopoly... well, I'd rather have their monopoly than have no manufacturer making parts for us.

I was merely challenging the views with mine. You’ve obviously taken this personally and feel need to step in and “put me in my place”. I’m not going to post a link to my friend’s website to defeat your presupposition, you win speed racer (got my name calling in for you - zing.). I won’t change your mind, and I won't place a link here for an angry e-forum user to compare my internet representation to his. You have no use for the link anyway. However, if there is a mustang enthusiast on this forum interested in turboing I would certainly speak personally with them and point them in the right direction.

anonymous
January 17th, 2011, 09:18 AM
rofl. im still laughing about being referred to as a fanboy :cool:

im with DT, b-spec, you have parts from rrm on your car...if you dont like what they produce, go elsewhere and get one offs. it seems to me like you had a bad experience with the UDP because you installed it yourself.

mack, as far as putting you in your place, that wasnt needed. all brumbie was doing was stating the facts. and i too agree that you shouldnt put a company down, when you have no experience with them, nor do you have anything good to say but negatives. opinions are fine, but take it elsewhere.

im still in love with being labeled the fanboy :cool: if only you knew...

Die trying
January 17th, 2011, 09:38 AM
That's a convincing and well thought out arguement you laid out there mack. I was able to deduce that you view yourself as a hillbilly and you have a potty mouth.

So does this turbo kit convert the mustang to alcohol so you can run it on the moonshine you make?

Mack Zilla
January 17th, 2011, 09:58 AM
A pottymouth, really? How old are you buddy? You haven't cursed? I digress... I'm able to "deduce" that you will continue to side with your old forum-friends. If you can reread his post and not see his hidden, unnecessary jabs than you are just being difficult. "The new guy is mean and used naughty language! Lettuce let brumbie stoop a few levels lower and insult his city, state, friends and income and act like it was well-thought, considerate-post!" I have nothing more to communicate with you.

rofl. im still laughing about being referred to as a fanboy :cool:

im with DT, b-spec, you have parts from rrm on your car...if you dont like what they produce, go elsewhere and get one offs. it seems to me like you had a bad experience with the UDP because you installed it yourself.

mack, as far as putting you in your place, that wasnt needed. all brumbie was doing was stating the facts. and i too agree that you shouldnt put a company down, when you have no experience with them, nor do you have anything good to say but negatives. opinions are fine, but take it elsewhere.

im still in love with being labeled the fanboy :cool: if only you knew...

You could certainly inform me OR you could keep making comments about me not being "in the know". Both work fine.

Die trying
January 17th, 2011, 10:03 AM
A pottymouth, really? How old are you buddy? You haven't cursed? I digress... I'm able to "deduce" that you will continue to side with your old forum-friends. If you can reread his post and not see his hidden, unnecessary jabs than you are just being difficult. "The new guy is mean and used naughty language! Lettuce let brumbie stoop a few levels lower and insult his city, state, friends and income and act like it was well-thought, considerate-post!" I have nothing more to communicate with you.

:hi:

Mack Zilla
January 17th, 2011, 10:08 AM
:hi:

:nope:

Brumbie13
January 17th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I was merely challenging the views with mine. You’ve obviously taken this personally and feel need to step in and “put me in my place”. I’m not going to post a link to my friend’s website to defeat your presupposition, you win speed racer (got my name calling in for you - zing.). I won’t change your mind, and I won't place a link here for an angry e-forum user to compare my internet representation to his. You have no use for the link anyway. However, if there is a mustang enthusiast on this forum interested in turboing I would certainly speak personally with them and point them in the right direction.
Alright Mac, let me lay this out for you.

I didn't take it personally, and I wasn't angry.
I addressed your post in a logical manner.
We have a problem on this forum of people with little to no experience with RRM bashing them simply for the sake of bashing them.
It isn't fair to RRM and it isn't fair to the forum.

Also, I said nothing about your income.
I don't know anything about you.
All I said was that it costs more to live in LA than it does in Ohio.
That isn't a jab at income level, it is a fact.

Brumbie's approach - logical explanations that answer your questions.
Mac's approach - go insane because you have no reasonable response.

Also, I hate to pull rank, but in case you are unaware, I own this forum.
Go trash talk on someone else's forum, we don't need that crap here.

Brumbie13
January 17th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Mac Zilla has been banned for a week.

The ban is not because he disliked RRM, or spoke against them.
The ban is due to his insults, and because I feel he needs to cool off.

Die trying
January 17th, 2011, 10:57 AM
yeah sorry i wasn't helpful there, that's the old DT. Let's try out the new kinder gentler DT...

Mack I don't think Brumbie was attacking you, I believe he was just laying out the differences between RRM and a one man operation in a different state. Like it or not goods and services do cost more in LA than they do in Ohio. That isn't attacking anyone's income. That's just california's screwed up economy. Those people who make more money in LA performing the same service as someone in Ohio will also have a greater cost of living. I'm sorry that you think your city and state are being attacked but honestly I don't see how you came to that conclusion.

Brumbie's post pointed out that your friend's business does not have to worry about a lease payment, advertisement, or employees. There are even more factors which Brumbie left out, such as the costs of insurance and any business license fees. I would bet that the rates are different from LA to Ohio. The point being that the additional costs find their way into the prices of the goods being sold.

You do know that by saying you will not post a link to this business out of spite it does come off like you made it all up, right?

and for the record I have a mouth that could make a sailor blush and I have ruffled more feathers here than you could ever hope to. It's a wonder I haven't been perma-banned for some of the things I have said. The reason I haven't is probably because I don't call anyone on the forum an *******.

i hope that we can put this behind us and push forward with our universal goal, IMPROVING THE SX4!!!

fizex
January 17th, 2011, 02:30 PM
No offence to anyone but CAN'T WE JUST BE HAPPY THERE ARE AFTER MARKET PARTS!

grkacl
January 17th, 2011, 02:44 PM
No offence to anyone but CAN'T WE JUST BE HAPPY THERE ARE AFTER MARKET PARTS!
yea i agree i with Fizex ... we dont want to get road race all pissy and stop making **** cause then there is nothing for us

keystoneco
January 17th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Brumbie,

Your posting was spot on and in no way was it attacking or demeaning to Mack Zilla (or Ohio).

It's too bad that there isn't a better market for Zuk parts here in the US. We should be happy to have a supplier like RRM.

Your logic was correct and Mack's was off skelter. Wonder what kind of 'lettuce' they have in OH, Leaf or Romaine? LOL

Good to have him cool his jets for a week or so, though my guess is that he'll just come back flaming again!

Thanks, Marv

mcmuda
January 17th, 2011, 03:12 PM
They're not a monopoly. And when I did use Honda's as an example, I used the concept where there is more than one aftermarket provider. Not the prices.

RRM is NOT a monopoly. Can we blame them if they're the only company to provide parts here in the states? No, we cannot.

BUT competition is good. If the dude can make the headers and not lose money, then go for it. Won't hurt.

Maiden69
January 17th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I think this issue was taken out of proportions big time... and some people should had gotten the same fate as Mack for instigators... but I dnt mod here...

As far as monopoly, there is none, it is not like they are not letting anyone else produce more parts, it is that NO ONE is making them. I don't think that this car will ever see a big aftermarket surge, that is why prices are lower on the other vehicles, because there are tons of brands to chose from, and if your stuff is pricey, it better be well worth the price. People are never going to be happy, that is how things are. And having Honda parts way cheaper than ours, will make us think the same all the time.

anonymous
January 17th, 2011, 05:34 PM
+1 to brumbie not doing anything wrong. his post was actually badass, i thought. it helped lay things out a lot better and clearer than i ever could.

DT, we all know you have the mouth of a sailor :hi: no need to point that out ya *** ***** *** ************** hahaha :hi:

im glad he was banned, gave him time to cool off and im sure he will come back even more ripped.

oh yeah, just caught the end of brumbsicle clarifying that he isnt just some fanboy forum poster.....glad he mentioned that he runs this biotch. mad respect, 2-pac out :hi:

Brumbie13
January 17th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I think this issue was taken out of proportions big time.
I think the issue has needed to be addressed for a long time.

If RRM makes a bad product, I think it should be discussed and addressed.
But we have too many people on here who gripe about RRM without justifiable cause.
We have lost several other vendors and homebrew masters who just got tired of dealing with us and stopped making parts for us and coming around.
Before we lose our longest lasting, and best producing vendor, we need to correct the problem.

Again, it wasn't him not liking RRM that was the problem, it was his insults, and because I felt that he was getting too angry, and needed to be removed from the situation to calm down.
Basically, he was digging a hole for himself, and I took away his shovel.
I know it sucks being banned from a site, but give it a week and let's hope he'll come back less angry and more willing to discuss differences in a civilized way.

My1stCar
January 17th, 2011, 05:56 PM
A week off helps sometimes

anonymous
January 17th, 2011, 06:00 PM

But we have too many people on here who gripe about RRM without justifiable cause.
We have lost several other vendors and homebrew masters who just got tired of dealing with us and stopped making parts for us and coming around.
Before we lose our longest lasting, and best producing vendor, we need to correct the problem.

Again, it wasn't him not liking RRM that was the problem, it was his insults, and because I felt that he was getting too angry, and needed to be removed from the situation to calm down.
I know it sucks being banned from a site, but give it a week and let's hope he'll come back less angry and more willing to discuss differences in a civilized way.

+1, i think from watching the history of vendors, that if it continued to happen, rrm would indeed leave the site, and leave suzuki's alone.

Brumbie13
January 17th, 2011, 06:06 PM
+1, i think from watching the history of vendors, that if it continued to happen, rrm would indeed leave the site, and leave suzuki's alone.
I don't think they'd leave Suzuki alone.
They are ASMC's choice aftermarket company.
It takes a lot of years of doing things right to gain the trust of an auto manufacturer, especially one as conservative as Suzuki.

I think Suzuki and RRM have a great, mutually beneficial relationship.
I just don't want to lose the support and respect we get from RRM here on this site.

Back in the day, RRM used to address many many concerns people had on the forum, they have gotten so fed up trying to defend themselves against people who don't even own their products and don't have any experience with them, that they hardly come around anymore unless it is to advertise something or announce an exclusive sale just for us.

I think we are on the verge of losing them altogether, and I'd like to reverse that, if possible.

anonymous
January 17th, 2011, 06:17 PM
amen to that brumbie, it would be a sad thing to lose such a good company :(

SX4DUDE2013
January 17th, 2011, 06:59 PM
HELL YEA yall better ban MR. Zilla!!!!!
Im the only one who is allowed to start **** on this forum :hi:

Mandi
January 17th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I personally don't see why he was banned, but I'm not a mod/ owner so really don't care. I think he was just stating his opinion, and everybody has one. He doesn't like RRM. I could care less. I don't think there is one company out there where every customer is happy. K-9 just wants to make a stainless steal header, and that's awesome. For some reason RRM got brought into it. He wasn't trying to go over RRM's head, but it was taken that way. If RRM has awesome products then they should not be affraid of anyone else wanting to make SX4 aftermarket parts. I thought people wanted the SX4 name to get out there more. Just my thoughts!

Thanks,
Mandi

Brumbie13
January 17th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I personally don't see why he was banned. I think he was just stating his opinion, and everybody has one. He doesn't like RRM.

:duh:

The ban is not because he disliked RRM, or spoke against them.
The ban is due to his insults, and because I feel he needs to cool off.

Caterham
January 17th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Brumbs-
I think a few peeps might have missed what he said here.
http://clubsx4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=698&p=10217#post10217

Brumbie13
January 17th, 2011, 07:59 PM
For anyone who didn't catch it...
On two occasions, he called me derogatory names.

"We hillbillies in Ohio certainly do get paid according to what we’re worth. *******."
"You’re right, you took a different approach to being an *******."

Both times he used a seven letter word that triggered the swear filter.

Here is a list of seven letter words that trigger the swear filter:
a--hole
b-stard
dumb-ss
jack-ss

Take your pick, whichever they were, they were inappropriate and warrant a temporary ban.

Caterham
January 17th, 2011, 08:01 PM

"We hillbillies in Ohio certainly do get paid according to what we’re worth. *******."

a--hole
b-stard
dumb-ss
jack-ss

Take your pick, whichever they were, they were inappropriate and warrant a temporary ban.

I choose A--hole. :hi:

Brumbie13
January 17th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I choose A--hole. :hi:
I think he did too.
On the second occasion, he wrote "an *******" this signifies that whatever follows should start with a vowel.

SX4DUDE2013
January 17th, 2011, 08:11 PM

a--hole
b-stard
dumb-ss
jack-ss

I pick the first one....thats what I would use :hi:

Maiden69
January 17th, 2011, 08:27 PM

I don't recall him saying that the products are bad... he, as well as B-Spec and my self numerous times have brought that point because it is the ugly truth! There is nothing that we can do, and I think that what they make is good, so I have shelled quite some money into their products, but not if I can get them from another source cheaper and almost same quality as my brake rotors.

There is no competition, and this is why the prices can stay high. I payed 400 for my piggy, when I bought the one for my Jetta for $239, new from a recognized online vendor and it is the same damn box. A DS Sport header of comparable size and quality ceramic coated goes for $300, some more, some less. I don't know where he insulted anyone, unless I can't understand his english remarks, but he was provoked also and I dnt see anyone else getting their hands slaped... oh, I see, he appologized, my bad I guess that makes it all better!

You know I don't really care if anyone get's banned, and I rather see this place with warnings also like ours so that you can slap someone behind the head before they get banned unless they go way over board.

Maiden69
January 17th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Brumbs-

Thanks, I didn't see it because I rarely ever read the quotes on posts... he did deserved a warning... but since we aint got them, well, I guess that's all you could do was ban him for a week.

Brumbie13
January 17th, 2011, 08:36 PM
We actually do have a warning system in place.

If someone calls someone else a jerk, or an idiot, we'll give them a warning (called an infraction.)

If someone calls someone else an a-hole, they get a temporary ban.

anonymous
January 17th, 2011, 08:40 PM

If someone calls someone else a jerk, or an idiot, we'll give them a warning (called an infraction.)

a-hole :hi:

just kidding! love ya brumbs :cool:

Mandi
January 17th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Brumbs-

I read the whole thread, and I didn't even see his response to Brumbie in the blue quoted text until now. Normally people quote someone, and then just respond underneath.

Whoops SORRY Brumbie. I can't believe you gave me the http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt27/2008sx4/bluduh.gifface. WHATEVA!! LOL!

Brumbie13
January 17th, 2011, 08:46 PM
a-hole :hi:

just kidding! love ya brumbs :cool:

:neener:

Haha! Love ya too, brutha!

anonymous
January 17th, 2011, 08:50 PM
:neener:

Haha! Love ya too, brutha!

http://meowcheese.com/files/lolpics/2008/09/computer-cat-is-not-amused.jpg

aaaaaand this is why i come to this forum every waking minute i have in front of a computer :hi:

i love you guys <3

Brumbie13
January 17th, 2011, 08:51 PM
...:D

anonymous
January 17th, 2011, 08:55 PM
i literally went back to the club sx4 page, and refreshed the link and got "you have been banned for the following reasons:" hahahahahaha. i was like AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! MASTER BRUMBS GOT ME!!!! hahahahaha

Maiden69
January 17th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Damnit! I tried to get a pic of our site to show you the warning meter and the freaking bar is gone with the new upgrade! I loved it, because at a glance I could see where the member was as far as warnings! It was a 0-100 bar and every warning takes 10 points from the bar and changes from green to red. right under the avatar also...

:unamused:
January 17th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Omg!

RRM suxx0rs so much. I ordered a carbon fiber spoiler and THEY FORGOT TO SEND IT. They were soooo rude in their attempts to call and return my emails to rectify the situation (and correct me when I misstated that I ordered the carbon fiber when I originally the fiberglass (It was two months after I initially placed the order)).

Sorry, I didn't mean to beat the 'fanboy' drum...

Schultzey
January 17th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Omg!

RRM suxx0rs so much. I ordered a carbon fiber spoiler and THEY FORGOT TO SEND IT. They were soooo rude in their attempts to call and return my emails to rectify the situation (and correct me when I misstated that I ordered the carbon fiber when I originally the fiberglass (It was two months after I initially placed the order)).

Sorry, I didn't mean to beat the 'fanboy' drum...

That is too bad you had problems. As with any company sometimes there are customers left unsatisfied.

punksmurph
January 17th, 2011, 11:18 PM
and for the record I have a mouth that could make a sailor blush...

If we ever meet in person...CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
http://images.memegenerator.net/challenge-accepted/File/277291/Challenge-accepted.jpg

SuperSX4
January 18th, 2011, 07:08 AM
So the problem is that RRM prices are too high? Well i would agree that they are higher than others could do the same for, but for their specific position i think they are about right. RRM makes competition vehicles and show vehicles. I'm sure that most of their money comes from races and show's.

RRM didn't make all of this aftermarket stuff for us. Most likely they made for themselves or for suzuki and later decided to sell it. If RRM wanted to be making tons of aftermarket money they would be making parts for civics.

But RRM used to make a lot of stuff for the tiburon and they stopped doing it after others joined the bandwagon. If we get more competition, RRM will most likely stop making parts. The sad thing is that RRM made better tiburon parts than the competition, but the competition was cheaper.

Now if the competition is better than RRM then i see no issues there, i mean thats how business works. But when you loose a great company to a mediocre company because one makes cheaper parts, then there is an issue.

Caterham
January 18th, 2011, 07:13 AM

Any penalty for Dofus?

jute2003
January 18th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Any penalty for Dofus?

also, what about insinuating that someone has smaller than average appendages?

Caterham
January 18th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Any penalty for Dofus?

Or calling someone a Brumbie?

SuperSX4
January 18th, 2011, 07:27 AM
also, what about insinuating that someone has smaller than average appendages?

LOL :hi:

jute2003
January 18th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Or calling someone a Brumbie?

same difference

Brumbie13
January 18th, 2011, 09:02 AM
:sadnana:

punksmurph
January 18th, 2011, 09:23 AM
:sadnana:
Best response ever.

anonymous
January 18th, 2011, 10:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ZAGBL6UBA

edit: on my phone in class, hope the vid worked, if it doesnt...its peanut butter jelly time from youboob :hi:

:unamused:
January 18th, 2011, 04:16 PM
That is too bad you had problems. As with any company sometimes there are customers left unsatisfied.

Meh,

I suck at the sarcasm game. I was trying to praise them for being more on the ball about their mistake than I was...

mcmuda
January 20th, 2011, 11:16 PM
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Sorry..I had to.

Mandi
January 21st, 2011, 12:31 PM
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Sorry..I had to.

I like this post. It makes no sense, but it's cool!

Mack Zilla
January 24th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I think he did too.
On the second occasion, he wrote "an *******" this signifies that whatever follows should start with a vowel.

I pick the first one....thats what I would use :hi:
Bingo ;)

In all seriousness, I felt outed and ganged on by the "regulars", friends, or what have you. I didn't attack RRM either, I digress...
I had a very, very bad day Monday. Toss that in the mix with what I already believed was me being "ganged up on" and that was the result. Sorry for the cursing I come from a local based forum where it gets pretty rough.

Brumbie13
January 24th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Sorry you were having a bad day.

Keep it polite.

Glad to have you back.

SX4DUDE2013
January 24th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Bingo ;)

In all seriousness, I felt outed and ganged on by the "regulars", friends, or what have you. I didn't attack RRM either, I digress...
I had a very, very bad day Monday. Toss that in the mix with what I already believed was me being "ganged up on" and that was the result. Sorry for the cursing I come from a local based forum where it gets pretty rough.

Its okay. I curse all the time....just not to the site owner! haha :) We still love u!

Die trying
January 24th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Bingo ;)

i'm glad you're back. my bark is much worse than my bite. sorry i pissed you off.

mcmuda
January 25th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Caterham
January 27th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Welcome back Mack.

anonymous
January 29th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Welcome back Mack.

+1, welcome back to the forum, glad to have you back man, sorry for making you feel attacked man, never meant for that to happen like it did.

:cool: welcome back mack :cool:

Mack Zilla
January 30th, 2011, 12:58 PM
It's all good gentleman thanks.

Caterham, how about a 40 roll :hi:

polarbear
February 3rd, 2011, 03:43 PM
I know it's just one item, but ---- RRM led tail lights= $299 , identical item on Ebay (likely from the same source) = $175 ??????:confused:

anonymous
February 3rd, 2011, 09:36 PM
good spy...BUT ebay companies dont have as good of a warranty as say....other companys like rrm do, plus i want to bet that taht the lights from ebay are knockoffs of what rrm sells, and most likely arent as good of quality.

Speedlvr
February 5th, 2011, 07:00 PM
what warranty?

anonymous
February 5th, 2011, 07:02 PM
what warranty?

:rolleyes: ahhh...very true, almost forgot, if your stuff craps out, you dont GET a replacement :rolleyes:

if RRM was a physical object, i'd hump it.

Schultzey
February 5th, 2011, 07:25 PM
True there is no warranty on the parts. One of the benefits to ordering through RRM is you can call them during their business hours to get help on installing products they sell. Members of the forum have said this was helpful to them.

anonymous
February 5th, 2011, 07:27 PM
yup. it does help, had my dealer call them a few times when they were installing the piggy and they were dead on with having their questions answered. i love it <3 and i love rrm <3 and everyone there <3 and their cars <3 and that porsche roadster they did up :hi: it was the secks!

Speedlvr
February 5th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I'll agree on most things that they help out w/ installs. But DEF not on the Teins:rolleyes:

"Go to Tein.com for a breakdown on how they go together"

piggy help:check
header help:check
SRI help:check(had to move bracket to different location when bolt broke off in block :eek:)
UD pulley:no help necessary:hi:
Sweet *** body kit:check.......edit:fail "If you can't get the sideskirts on take it to a body shop and have them do it":rolleyes:

Tein coilovers:fail :rolleyes:

anonymous
February 5th, 2011, 09:00 PM
hahahahahhaha its a live and learn process i guess :hi: