PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Position Opening Up

Brumbie13
May 24th, 2014, 02:04 AM
Hello Everyone,

The other day someone told me something that had me thinking. He told me, "If you're going to do something, you should love doing it. But once you lose your passion for it, you should stop doing it." I have been a member of this forum (and the previous one) since April of 2008, over 6 years. I have moderated the site since 2009, and I have run the site since 2010. For many years, I loved moderating the site. Recently, my passion has been elsewhere and I have really neglected the site. While it's true that the site is much smaller than it once was, it still has many good, solid members who are passionate, and that passion for the site is needed to refresh the moderation of the site.

I am looking for someone who is passionate and active on the site. I am also looking for someone who is fair and level headed. This site doesn't require a whole lot of moderation, but we do require a new face on the moderation team to breathe some life into the team. When I was chosen to be a moderator, the previous site owner jasonm asked anyone who was interested to list why they were interested and then he held a vote. Although it isn't a perfect way to decide, I do think that it is a great way to allow the currently active users to have a say in who they would like to see in the position.

So, if you are interested in helping moderate the site, please respond on here with your reason for wanting to be a moderator, any qualifications you may have (no qualifications required), and what you think will bring to the team. After a few days, I will make a poll of the people who are interested, and we will go from there.

Thanks!
-Brumbie

Brumbie13
May 25th, 2014, 03:39 PM
No takers?
That's fine. I'll give it a couple more days, and if nobody is interested we will just keep things the way they are. :)

johnsnownw
May 25th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Sorry Brumbie, before the 2nd kid arrived I'd have been up for it, but I just don't have the time anymore.

suicide
May 25th, 2014, 10:21 PM
Just run it like the Isuzu site, 3 usual mods that can only delete posts, not ban and the site owner only shows up once a year to delete the shoutbox. Also the strict rules from the site owner is the mods can't delete posts no matter what lol

Brumbie13
May 26th, 2014, 12:15 AM
I can do that... but I gotta get someone whose willing to be a mod, first!

aa3
May 26th, 2014, 03:58 AM
Hello Brumbie,
I had been a moderator for many years in websites like cartalk, indiagarage, etc. I know that it is a hard and tough job but once you get all things right and get and help others, remaining will be done peacefully. So I am really interested in becoming a moderator and am interested in improving this site.

Thanks.

Drive Safe,
aa3.

AdR
May 26th, 2014, 05:41 AM
I'd gladly help Brumbs since I spend a moderate amount of time in here. Fortunately this website has a very mature and level-headed group of folks. There's really almost no moderation required.

SX4rocious
May 26th, 2014, 03:38 PM
sign me up! I've never "moderated" anything but my the fights in my family, but I do love this site! I'm on here about every working day and have been since about 38 seconds after buying my car. I love the maturity of this group and would like to keep it that way. I love this forum, so this may be my way of helping out!

Die trying
May 26th, 2014, 11:38 PM
:( but you're brumbie! no one can replace you!

Samus
May 27th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Do we need moderation? I haven't had any trouble on this forum so far... only good knowlege and help.

AdR
May 27th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Samus, the problem is definitely not with the regulars. But sometimes spammers sign in just to well spam and then there are trolls that just post useless/inappropriate stuff in otherwise informative threads (as our recent case). There's always those scenarios that should be cleaned up before they get out of hand. If someone can help Brumbs with that I'm all for it. Just as long as nothing changes in respect of the forum dynamics which as of now are pretty awesome.

Samus
May 27th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Samus, the problem is definitely not with the regulars. But sometimes spammers sign in just to well spam and then there are trolls that just post useless/inappropriate stuff in otherwise informative threads (as our recent cade). There's always those scenarios that should be cleaned up before they get out of hand. If someone can help Brumbs with that I'm all for it. Just as long as nothing changes in respect of the forum dynamics which as of now are pretty awesome.

Ah yes! If I remember there was Hdrvulua with the infamous Kizashi swap and selectible AWD :hi:

Schultzey
May 30th, 2014, 12:23 PM
How long before we get to vote on a new moderator? There are some spam/trolling posts in need of attention. Stopping the source of them is also recommended.

Brumbie13
May 30th, 2014, 11:55 PM
With there only being two choices, and them both being good choices, I am going to give them both the opportunity.

Like was mentioned, this forum needs very little moderating, we've got ourselves down to a pretty good group of people. Small, but good. It will look like we have a lot of moderators, but the others are all inactive. These new moderators will likely be our only active moderators, which will be good in the case of rare events like today.

Schultzey
May 31st, 2014, 12:47 AM
Awesome. Thanks!

SX4rocious
May 31st, 2014, 01:50 AM
We do kinda miss you around here Brumbs... Keep up the good work!