PDA

View Full Version : New member in our family.

midnightsx4
December 29th, 2013, 04:05 AM
I had a sneaking suspicion something is amiss when I got home and saw our two cars rearranged in unusual way. Sure enough when I opened the garage to park my bike inside, I saw this. . .
Bright red Prius C in all its glory.
My wife has gone complete bonkers ... Now we have 3 cars.
On a good note SX4 is all mine now ... :dancenana:

AdR
December 29th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Nice buy. Slow as a 3 legged turtle but so darn efficient. A friend constantly gets 45mpg on spirited driving. I think the epa score is 50mpg city which means it's totally achievable if ypu don't have a lead foot.

Wagoneer
December 29th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Nice buy. Slow as a 3 legged turtle but so darn efficient. A friend constantly gets 45mpg on spirited driving. I think the epa score is 50mpg city which means it's totally achievable if ypu don't have a lead foot.
Who cares, drive that V-strom somewhat sensibly and you'll get the same mileage :P

SX4rocious
December 29th, 2013, 09:16 PM
it looks like kinda like the a p!ssed off grasshopper that's blushing heavily..... LOL But with 2X the MPG's of the SX4, it's a pretty nice buy.

AdR
December 29th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Who cares, drive that V-strom somewhat sensibly and you'll get the same mileage :P

The VStorm can't do it while seating 5 and keeping everybody dry and warm... ;)

midnightsx4
December 30th, 2013, 12:13 AM
She really likes it. IMHO its a girly car. She might even name it. :D

I haven't even driven it. I have a sneaking suspicion that I won't be driving it much at all.

Sensible and motorcycle ain't two words you can put together and live in peace with yourself. ;)

I can take five people for a drag behind my Vee in a rain. It is that capable and versatile. ;)

Wagoneer
December 30th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Sensible and motorcycle ain't two words you can put together and live in peace with yourself. ;)

Why can't they be? I only started riding mine in June and I just about covered my insurance for the year with how much gas I saved. This next season I have no doubt I'll cover my insurance costs and then some. With your ridiculously low motorcycle insurance rates in the states I bet you could save a bunch every year riding a bike. Not sure what your V gets for mileage but my GS gets 55mpg all city (even with my fat butt on it driving the balls off of it), and over 60 city/hwy. That's more than twice what the SX4 gets which saved me over $100 a month. I really only drove the SX4 for camping trips or if I needed to bring the dogs with me somewhere.

But I guess that doesn't take into consideration the maintenance and if you have payments still on the bike...

midnightsx4
December 30th, 2013, 11:54 PM
You must be living on a relatively flat relief. Where I live it is the opposite. I read of other VEE riders getting 45+mpg combined. I get solid 40-41 MPG riding my VEE. Mind you panniers and top box always loaded with various junk. I don't know whether its my riding or terrain. But it is what it is. I don't complain or strive to improve it.
Most important, I ride my bikes not to save on gas or insurance. I ride because I love it.
Insurance in state of Washington is not compulsory. Other states have different laws.
I do have it and it is laughable $10 a month.

Cheers...

Wagoneer
December 31st, 2013, 04:45 AM
I do have it and it is laughable $10 a month.

I hate you so much right now, you have no idea.

You'd be laughing even more if you knew what I paid for my GS. And it's a measly 500cc.

polarbear
December 31st, 2013, 08:34 AM

OR- you can buy my 1988 Suzuki Forsa?:rolf:--- 3cyl 1000cc -- gets over 50mp US gallon and scoots along nicely (with a 5 speed manual NOT the auto) and is ALMOST as good as the SX4 in the snow!!:D

Pete the Pirate
December 31st, 2013, 05:21 PM
The first Geo Metro (AKA Suzuki Swift, Pontiac Firefly) with the 3 cyl got 40 MPG and would go about 90.

midnightsx4
December 31st, 2013, 05:52 PM
I hate you so much right now, you have no idea.

You'd be laughing even more if you knew what I paid for my GS. And it's a measly 500cc.
Was it more than you had expected?
Motorcycle market is so unpredictable. It all depends on season and location.
I got insurance only because it was new. I also got 3 years warranty.
I've ridden all CC bikes. I'd say 500CC bikes are the most fun. Riding 500CC you have to wring it up to use its power band. I loved my Ninja500R when I had it.

Wagoneer
December 31st, 2013, 05:55 PM
Not the cost of the bike, I'm talking insurance prices. I got a smoking deal on the bike because of a couple things wrong with it that I had all fixed in about an hour after getting it home.

Wagoneer
December 31st, 2013, 05:58 PM
I've ridden all CC bikes. I'd say 500CC bikes are the most fun. Riding 500CC you have to wring it up to use its power band. I loved my Ninja500R when I had it.
Can't agree more. My powerband with the GS is a lot wider than the EX500, so around the city it's a powerhouse. Only time I'd want a bigger bike is on the highway. I have all sorts of friends who have +750cc 4cyl bikes and do nothing but city/back country riding. Completely pointless! On tight twisties or around town my bike can out handle them every time.

polarbear
January 1st, 2014, 10:12 AM
Can't agree more. My powerband with the GS is a lot wider than the EX500, so around the city it's a powerhouse. Only time I'd want a bigger bike is on the highway. I have all sorts of friends who have +750cc 4cyl bikes and do nothing but city/back country riding. Completely pointless! On tight twisties or around town my bike can out handle them every time.

Very true- my KZ1000 police bike is a bit of a porker but on my little 73 Honda 350/4, you just need to "think" it around a corner!!