PDA

View Full Version : Will Bans Carry Over?

TomC
November 23rd, 2010, 02:22 AM
Will those poor banned souls from the "Other Place" be banned here?
Or, in the Holiday Spirit, will they be given a chance at redemption?

:innocent:

Darrenf
November 23rd, 2010, 06:13 AM
Why should they be allowed here if they have shown enough anti-social behavior to warrant a ban there?

TomC
November 23rd, 2010, 09:11 AM
Wasn't looking for an argument, just asking a question.

Mandi
November 23rd, 2010, 09:26 AM
I think it would be cool to give those who are banned a chance to act friendly. Were all starting a new on here, so I think they should be able to do the same. IMO.

Mandi

jute2003
November 23rd, 2010, 09:58 AM
Anybody have unbornchickenvoices on speed dial? invite him over

punksmurph
November 23rd, 2010, 10:13 AM
We can't carry over the ban list but we can watch for those people to show. Also it seems like it would be a little fair to allow people another shot at rejoining the community. If they are commited to change then they will work with in the rules. If not then they reprise their place in the Hall of Bannation.

Brumbie13
November 23rd, 2010, 12:52 PM
I can manually bring the the list over.
I'm not sure what I'll do yet.

Caterham
November 23rd, 2010, 01:31 PM
I Guess I'm glad I didn't register as poindexter. but I guess you'd have figured it out from my email.

Die trying
November 23rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
He didnt play well with others

jute2003
November 23rd, 2010, 02:58 PM
He was very knowlegable. I didn't mind him for the most part. He at times was very abrasive however and managed to piss off many people. He was also very arrogant. He was ALOT better the second time around I know but I think his reputation may have gotten the best of him.

Ale Ane
November 23rd, 2010, 03:10 PM
I remember that argument. It is a pity that he let himself go too far with his remarks.

I feel as if we shouldn't gossip. He could be watching us. :oye:

The Shadow
November 23rd, 2010, 03:27 PM
I got banned once, for calling a moderator an "Idiot".
But he WAS an idiot! :rolleyes::hi::hi::hi:

The chief administrator for that forum, realized this and rescinded the ban, once I promised to never call him an Idiot again.:wink::hi:

We can all get torqued out of shape occasionally, but it shouldn't become an every day thing.

I just hope that if I slip up here, some moderator will take me aside, like in a PM, point out my error in judgment and ask me to edit my post. That should be all the rebuke that anyone would need. If not, then banning is always the Administrator's prerogative.

Banning should always be the last step in trying to keep the forum clean and friendly, so if someone got banned, why would they be invited back here?

Just my 2 cents worth.

Shadow :cool:

Darrenf
November 23rd, 2010, 04:04 PM
Anyone who has been banned (unless they were a spammer) has been given MUCH more than two chances. If Brumbie isn't interested in bringing the ban list over, and a banned member rejoins, I guess we could just let them know they will be watched, and won't be given the same leniency they were shown in the past.

soslow
November 23rd, 2010, 06:52 PM
I say send the the whole forum over to the NASIOC OT for awhile and you won't ever have to worry about people getting their feelings hurt again.. :hi:

We regularly call our moderators idiot's, tyrants, etc....

jute2003
November 24th, 2010, 05:56 AM
I've read that forum and I'm glad our moderating crew doesn't allow ours to become anything like it.

I say send the the whole forum over to the NASIOC OT for awhile and you won't ever have to worry about people getting their feelings hurt again.. :hi:

We regularly call our moderators idiot's, tyrants, etc....

02C2
November 24th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I never could figure out what happened to sx4thewin. He seemed very knowledgeable.

He was/still is a good guy, I may have his Email somewhere. Knowledgeable, yes, but there were personalities on the forums that clashed with his.

Brumbie13
November 24th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I never could figure out what happened to sx4thewin.
He was at a technical school. He knew some jargon and he knew some things about cars. Most of all, he knew how to copy and paste from other websites.
I wished he could have stayed, but he was far too rude to far too many people on far too many occasions.
I gave him as many chances as I could. I gave him more chances than anyone else would have given him.

He seemed very knowledgeable.
He also seemed to spend more time boasting about how much he knew than he spent actually talking about cars.
He sure did try hard to convince everyone he knew what he was talking about.

I think it's funny that the people who really know a lot don't have to try to convince us that they know a lot.
Maiden and Automat are two examples. They are both HIGHLY KNOWLEDGEABLE, in fact I don't think we have a person who knows more about the internals of a Suzuki than Automat. Yet, I never see either one of them telling us all about how much they know. We all know that they know their stuff, without them having to rub it in our faces.

jute2003
November 24th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Well there was that one time when he first started............:)

He was at a technical school. He knew some jargon and he knew some things about cars. Most of all, he knew how to copy and paste from other websites.
I wished he could have stayed, but he was far too rude to far too many people on far too many occasions.
I gave him as many chances as I could. I gave him more chances than anyone else would have given him.

He also seemed to spend more time boasting about how much he knew than he spent actually talking about cars.
He sure did try hard to convince everyone he knew what he was talking about.

I think it's funny that the people who really know a lot don't have to try to convince us that they know a lot.
Maiden and Automat are two examples. They are both HIGHLY KNOWLEDGEABLE, in fact I don't think we have a person who knows more about the internals of a Suzuki than Automat. Yet, I never see either one of them telling us all about how much they know. We all know that they know their stuff, without them having to rub it in our faces.