PDA

View Full Version : SX4 - the most reliable small SUV in Germany

Avalanche
January 2nd, 2013, 02:26 PM
According to TUV Rheinland and their annual reliability report for 2013, Suzuki SX4 (regardless of the model year) is the most reliable small SUV on the market and one of the most reliable SUVs overall.

The 2009 - 2010 models were ranked at no. 4, after Audi Q5, Porsche Cayenne and VW Tiguan, but before Toyota RAV4, Honda CRV, BMW X5 or Subaru Forester.
Only 4% of all inspected SX4s had any significant faults.
The older models (2007 - 2008) fared even better, getting at no. 2. :)

I thought this would be some good news for the new year ;)

Suk SX4
January 2nd, 2013, 02:46 PM
Yes, good news. But, Isn't the EU SX4 from Hungary?
I would assume that the Japan made is better. :)

Avalanche
January 2nd, 2013, 03:00 PM
Good point. Then the US model should be even better :)
(as a matter of fact, possibly more than a hundred SX4s sold in EU also came from Japan in 2007-2008 when the demand was higher than supply from Hungary)

Pete the Pirate
January 2nd, 2013, 04:22 PM
Hungary has a history of building quality things, among them the Bosch yaw sensor installed in Toyota Camry's.

enbieq
January 2nd, 2013, 08:10 PM
According to TUV Rheinland and their annual reliability report for 2013, Suzuki SX4 (regardless of the model year) is the most reliable small SUV on the market and one of the most reliable SUVs overall.

The 2009 - 2010 models were ranked at no. 4, after Audi Q5, Porsche Cayenne and VW Tiguan, but before Toyota RAV4, Honda CRV, BMW X5 or Subaru Forester.
Only 4% of all inspected SX4s had any significant faults.
The older models (2007 - 2008) fared even better, getting at no. 2. :)

That is good news...Do you have the link to the news?

Avalanche
January 2nd, 2013, 10:36 PM
The complete report has not been published in the public domain yet, but it can be Googled on non-English language sites ;)

LMP
January 5th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Yes, good news. But, Isn't the EU SX4 from Hungary?
..... :)

Indeed, in Esztergom, built together with the Fiat Sedici clone (or it is the other way around..?) . BUt FIAT is leaving that place and Suzuki will be all by itself from 2014 on...
..myself in Esztergon in oct 2011
http://www.avigex.ca/files/esztergom.jpg만만만만만만만만

factory plant at A, bridge across the danube river at 63
http://www.avigex.ca/files/factory.jpg만만만만만만만만
Notice the river separates Hungary from SLovenia

jacob025
January 6th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Well the swift ;92 1.0 3 cylinder engine i have a couple years ago,came from hongary.We drive it up to about 320.000km without problems and little cost.After we sold it somebody in the city drives it for another couple of years.So it came out to be very good quality,i think.

OldCoot
January 12th, 2013, 07:48 PM
According to TUV Rheinland and their annual reliability report for 2013, Suzuki SX4 (regardless of the model year) is the most reliable small SUV on the market and one of the most reliable SUVs overall. (Snip)

That IS good news ... I've been amazed by my little SX4's dependability... not one serious problem since i bought it 3 years ago ... just about to hit 33k miles ... I love the car ... but I wish Suzuki hadn't left us in the lurch ... still own a Suzuki motorcycle too ... and it's been pretty perfect since I bought it ... hope they don't desert us in the 2-wheel arena!