PDA

View Full Version : Help! lol How to buy new ones?

SX4DUDE2013
December 11th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Well ive been itching for something new. I havent done a thing the my ride in a year and will prob upgrade the rims when I get new tires. I got new tires at 30k and am about to hit 60k so it will be sometime this upcoming year. Ill prob order the rims and get tires when I need em.

This is what I would like.

1) I want the size to be 18'.

2) They MUST be alloy....NO BLACK! Im sick of black/gunmetal! lol

3) I like a wider tire. Im currently running 225/45/17. What would look better on the new setup. 235/40/18 or 235/45/18? Will that size fit most aftermarket rims?

4) I know the bolt pattern is 5x114.3. Can I just find a rim I like that is 18' and 5x114.3? NO IDEA ABOUT RIMS! lol

5) I LOVE the spokey look. Something sporty like the mita rims, GTI rims, Hyundia sonata turbo rims, LOTS of spokes!

6) Where is the best place to buy if my budget is $500? I saw some on CariID that I liked. Tips? Links? Ideas? Thanks!!!!

johnsnownw
December 11th, 2012, 07:41 AM
The only way you could stick to that budget is to find a really good deal on some used rims, and probably used tires. You can probably get a "decent" set of rims for that price, but your costs will most likely more than double when you add tires and installation fees.

SX4DUDE2013
December 11th, 2012, 09:56 AM
The only way you could stick to that budget is to find a really good deal on some used rims, and probably used tires. You can probably get a "decent" set of rims for that price, but your costs will most likely more than double when you add tires and installation fees.

yea my "budget" is just for the rims. ill buy the tires later. Ive seen some cool lookiing ones on CARId....

Wagoneer
December 11th, 2012, 08:42 PM
You can't find a wheel you like in 5x114.3? The most widely used bolt pattern on the market...

Don't just search for "SX4" wheels. The center bore on the SX4 is tiny, search for other makes and models with similar offsets and bolt pattern and then just get hubcentric rings for the wheels. There are ENDLESS wheel choices out there in our bolt pattern.

frosty85
December 12th, 2012, 09:54 AM
My recommendation is go to tirerack.com, and look through the catalog on rims you like(its nice cause you get the option to view on car). When you figure out what you like look at the wheel sizes and the recommended tire sizes they give you, then look for a good set of rims second hand that look like the ones you want(if you are on a budget which you sound like you are).

5x114.3 is the most common after market wheel so that is gonna make it to easy, also you like spokes look into bbs style rims