PDA

View Full Version : Pushed too hard?

SX4DUDE2013
December 22nd, 2010, 08:19 PM
Has anyone on here been to the track with the sx4? What will happen if u push the car hard? (like solomn in a parking lot) The car will not flip over or anything will it? lol I would LOVE to take it to the track and psud the car to the limits to see how she does...

Brumbie13
December 22nd, 2010, 08:27 PM
What will happen if u push the car hard?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Sz5ESDttTuE/S7jLPZqcm-I/AAAAAAAAAI8/dJFpwn2Lhog/s1600/mushroom-cloud-hb.jpg

SX4DUDE2013
December 22nd, 2010, 08:54 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Sz5ESDttTuE/S7jLPZqcm-I/AAAAAAAAAI8/dJFpwn2Lhog/s1600/mushroom-cloud-hb.jpg

opps...o well. a lil explosion never hurt anyone :)

My1stCar
December 22nd, 2010, 09:15 PM
idk... i might just be growing up or something, but idk why youd want to push your car "to the limit" when you could easily go over the limit and break it :|

B-Spec
December 22nd, 2010, 09:18 PM
Has anyone on here been to the track with the sx4? What will happen if u push the car hard? (like solomn in a parking lot) The car will not flip over or anything will it? lol I would LOVE to take it to the track and psud the car to the limits to see how she does...

Well I catch air 2 times a day in mine on the way to work.. The road I drive is very bumpy and has a ton of curves.. I take some pretty hard slams and corners daily at about 4 to 5K RPM and its holding together pretty good.. I get 15 to 20K out of my tires.. lol

SX4DUDE2013
December 22nd, 2010, 09:29 PM
idk... i might just be growing up or something, but idk why youd want to push your car "to the limit" when you could easily go over the limit and break it :|

i do not want to exceed that limit. IE: bad things would probably happen. Ur what 19, u kinda sound like a 50 yr old conservative male?? lol. loosen up a bit...Hell if something breaks I got my warrenty. (im not saying i want it to break, im not saying i wouldnt freak out, I love my car an want to keep it for a VERY long time....is also take very ggod care of it)

LVSX4
December 22nd, 2010, 10:12 PM
Well I catch air 2 times a day in mine on the way to work.. The road I drive is very bumpy and has a ton of curves.. I take some pretty hard slams and corners daily at about 4 to 5K RPM and its holding together pretty good.. I get 15 to 20K out of my tires.. lol

Do you work near the friken Nurburgring lol

punksmurph
December 22nd, 2010, 11:29 PM
The car is full of sensors that constantly check to see if the engine is running within its tolerance, if you start to exceed that threshold then it will go into limp mode. I had it happen once when I was pushing the car real hard on a canyon road, the oil got to hot and the car went into limp mode and I had to stop for a while. If you try to continue to push the car then you will break something, I think the transmission or an engine seal will give way before any engine damage is done.

ajfear24
December 22nd, 2010, 11:31 PM
I know exactly when you start a thread because there's always a question mark or two, or three at the end of the title lol

PaulD
December 23rd, 2010, 12:10 AM
Hell if something breaks I got my warrenty.

Warranties and track days don't normally go together. You should have an idea how the SX4 behaves from the Top Gear show. I haven't seen the US version but on the UK show with the older Liana the worst thing to happen was a front wheel coming off (twice) :D

cpautoxer
December 23rd, 2010, 06:21 AM
I have had mine to Pocono twice, Moticello motor club once and New jersey Motorsports park once. So four track days on stock brakes and the only mod was different tires. The car has performed flawlessly! I'm a instructor so I go out with the top groups and I can say that the car gets its doors blown off!! It is fun and handles well. The stock brakes impressed me that they lasted the whole day with out any fade or issues. I will look to see if i can find some pics online. There were some from Pocono this year.

Here is a link to a small picture:

https://gator519.hostgator.com/~picproof/tbranoff/del-valmiata/pages/07-19-10%20miata%20-%20instructor%20-%20mini-DRI_3715.JPG.php

SX4DUDE2013
December 23rd, 2010, 08:41 AM
I have had mine to Pocono twice, Moticello motor club once and New jersey Motorsports park once. So four track days on stock brakes and the only mod was different tires. The car has performed flawlessly! I'm a instructor so I go out with the top groups and I can say that the car gets its doors blown off!! It is fun and handles well. The stock brakes impressed me that they lasted the whole day with out any fade or issues. I will look to see if i can find some pics online. There were some from Pocono this year.

Here is a link to a small picture:

https://gator519.hostgator.com/~picproof/tbranoff/del-valmiata/pages/07-19-10%20miata%20-%20instructor%20-%20mini-DRI_3715.JPG.php

SWEEET!!! tell me more. lol. that pic is of a stock suspension setup EXCEPT tires?? lol. Thats really neat! :) THanks for the info!!

cpautoxer
December 23rd, 2010, 09:22 AM
Yes the car was all stock except for some kumho ASX all seasons. I drove the SX4 because they were calling for rain in the afternoon and it poured. I had also been there the 3 previous days with my mustang so it was time for a change. I have over 10,000 laps on Pocono North so I just going to teach for the day. Since I'm an instructor I get all the free track time I want. The SX4 ran flawlessly. I got the car up to 105 at the end of the front stretch lap after lap. What amazed me the most were the brakes. Stock pads and rotors lasted all day with no hints of fade. This was kind of a momentum course but you do have heavy braking on 2 spots and the lap times were 1:15's. My mustang does 1:01's all day long. I was impressed by the handling in both the wet and dry. In the dry I used 2WD and in the wet i used auto. The car doesn't understeer that bad at all. That is why I haven't bought the rear bar yet. If the car did understeer I just lifted off the throttle and the *** came around and put the car back in line even at 100mph. It was stable and alot of fun. When I went out in the wet it was a real blast. Since most of the cars didn't go out i had the track to myself and 3 other cars. I took a few people out with me and they were really impressed how fast you could go in that little car in the wet.

SX4DUDE2013
December 23rd, 2010, 11:26 AM
Yes the car was all stock except for some kumho ASX all seasons. I drove the SX4 because they were calling for rain in the afternoon and it poured. I had also been there the 3 previous days with my mustang so it was time for a change. I have over 10,000 laps on Pocono North so I just going to teach for the day. Since I'm an instructor I get all the free track time I want. The SX4 ran flawlessly. I got the car up to 105 at the end of the front stretch lap after lap. What amazed me the most were the brakes. Stock pads and rotors lasted all day with no hints of fade. This was kind of a momentum course but you do have heavy braking on 2 spots and the lap times were 1:15's. My mustang does 1:01's all day long. I was impressed by the handling in both the wet and dry. In the dry I used 2WD and in the wet i used auto. The car doesn't understeer that bad at all. That is why I haven't bought the rear bar yet. If the car did understeer I just lifted off the throttle and the *** came around and put the car back in line even at 100mph. It was stable and alot of fun. When I went out in the wet it was a real blast. Since most of the cars didn't go out i had the track to myself and 3 other cars. I took a few people out with me and they were really impressed how fast you could go in that little car in the wet.

that is great!!! thats what I love to hear. Im really glad u had a good day. I hope to be able to go to a track one day :)

Crossover Zack
December 23rd, 2010, 01:54 PM
there is NO way to flip this car! let us know how it goes :P

SX4DUDE2013
December 23rd, 2010, 05:59 PM
there is NO way to flip this car! let us know how it goes :P

Ok. Good. I was just curious. This is my first car...